Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Regulator

eagle13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS & VZ Crewman
Is it hard to change my fuel regulator as i have been told my is starting to go

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Easy as, bleed the pressure in the rail by removing the fuel pump fuse then starting the car. When the engine stalls pressure is gone. remove the return line from the reg, remove the vaccume line (I had to replace mine as it was eaten by the fuel that was leaking past the diaphram) then undo the 10mm headed bolt hoding the regulator to the rail. remove reg and reverse to assemble. Just a thought, holden are the only ones that supply the new o-ring you will require. I've just replaced the reg on my girls VR V6 and fuel usage went from 27L/100k's to 11!

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
where abouts is the fuel regulator?? i recently done fuel filter,how much should i pay to buy a regulator?cheers

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Easy as, bleed the pressure in the rail by removing the fuel pump fuse then starting the car. When the engine stalls pressure is gone. remove the return line from the reg, remove the vaccume line (I had to replace mine as it was eaten by the fuel that was leaking past the diaphram) then undo the 10mm headed bolt hoding the regulator to the rail. remove reg and reverse to assemble. Just a thought, holden are the only ones that supply the new o-ring you will require. I've just replaced the reg on my girls VR V6 and fuel usage went from 27L/100k's to 11!

Hi Auc05,

Are they the same on the VS & VR or different?

Cheers
Struggo

eagle13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS & VZ Crewman
i just had one priced they are $130 brand new or around $40 second hand

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah that's about right. unfortunately they aren't as easy on a VS as on a VR. The guts of the above post is accurate, but there is a special tool needed for part of it. I'll look for more info and edit this post.

also, the problem with a second hand reg is there's nothing to say you're not gonna need to replace it again next week. unfortunately, they do just die with no provocation

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
where abouts is the fuel regulator?? i recently done fuel filter,how much should i pay to buy a regulator?cheers

Follow your fuel rail around to the drivers side, it is simply bolted to the end of the rail.

Double G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Would the fuel regulator affect the fuel usage from one rail to the other?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
no, it's one rail. goes in passenger side, across front of engine, down drivers side. all the reg does is keep a certain pressure inside the rail. anythin over this set pressure goes through the reg back to the tank

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
To make a tool for the fuel fitting just get a silicone lid and cut it to size about 2" long then slit it down the middle so it will go over the fuel feed pipe then just push it up to get the connection to release. Be patient.