Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Slosh Sound

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
Hey guys,

Tried doing a search but couldn't find much on the issue. I was parallel parking this morning and every time I braked I could hear the fuel slosh back and fourth and bit of a thump. Don't think it's always been like that since I have the music up and never noticed. But this morning music was off and and kept braking in the car park and could hear the noise every time. Fuel is nearly full.

My fuel pump was replaced during the Electric Power Steering recall as it failed upon there test drive last week.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Pretty normal for VF at a certain level in your fuel tank.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline MY15 Series 1
I get the slosh when I back up into my parking spot at work, and yes it does depend on how full it is.

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
Okay interesting. I will put my wife in the boot to record the sound. Just to confirm with you guys its normal.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Leave your poor wife alone
It is normal
Liquid moves in a plastic tank bruz...
Can't change that :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Haha, I can just imagine you being stopped by police stop and your panicked explanations as they hear your wife moan in your boot o_O seriously officer, she’s just checking for fuel sloshing noises :p

Seriously, @mitweiler, what did the dealer charge for fixing your fuel pump (which is a big job on VFs since they don’t have an access hatch under the rear seat)...

mitweiler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S1 6L
Haha, I can just imagine you being stopped by police stop and your panicked explanations as they hear your wife moan in your boot o_O seriously officer, she’s just checking for fuel sloshing noises :p

Seriously, @mitweiler, what did the dealer charge for fixing your fuel pump (which is a big job on VFs since they don’t have an access hatch under the rear seat)...

They did not charge me anything. I had my car in for the Electric Power Steering recall and it failed while they were testing driving it. To be honest a fuel pump should not fail on a 4-5 year old car with only 90K on the clock. So I'm glad Holden just approved it to be replaced under Goodwill. Also I am still under dealer 3 month warranty so if they didn't do it under Holden "good will" it would of gone through warranty.

Attachments

• Steering Recal Fuel Pump Issue Receipt.jpg
    Steering Recal Fuel Pump Issue Receipt.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 265

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ yeah, i agree that a fuel pump should not fail so early.
But i hear all sorts of stories about people getting fleeced so i was curious.

It's good that Holden came to the party and honored their ACL statutory warranty rights (they wrongly call it good will but it's law)

Enjoy continued driving of the beast :)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Okay interesting. I will put my wife in the boot to record the sound. Just to confirm with you guys its normal.

Um. Is everyone ok?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
^ yeah, i agree that a fuel pump should not fail so early.
But i hear all sorts of stories about people getting fleeced so i was curious.

It's good that Holden came to the party and honored their ACL statutory warranty rights (they wrongly call it good will but it's law)

Enjoy continued driving of the beast :)
I've had the secondary sender unit replaced recently in my MY16 SV6 after that failed and caused the gauge to jump around and cause an check engine light