Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel smell and rough idle

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
If there was a vac leak from those hoses, the o2 sensors would be showing it. And is your car cammed? The power figure is exceptionally high for no cam

I was thinking this too.

100 cell or whatever they are called cats could also account for a bit of a fuel smell.

But if it is canned, you would think a performance place would pick up on this?

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Easiest way without pulling the cam out is get the PCM checked. If it has been cammed stage 2 pcm would have been rewritten to accommodate. If its stage 1 probably not. Are you asking this because of your rough idle issue? Have you sorted that yet after the PM i gave you with what to check?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
No not asking about the cam due to the idle issue. People have commented on the high HP reading i got with my emission test that was done on a dyno by a outfit locally that builds race engines and the like. Called Rapid Performance. I was wondering about the high HP readout as well, that it might possibly due to some sort of mild cam. Joker i work with who owns a VZ SS reckons my VY2 SS sounds like a V8 should unlike his car....which makes me wonder about a mild cam.

Anyway i got around to cleaning the IAC. It was filthy inside in and out. Gave it a damn good clean with throttle body cleaner and also cleaned around the throttle body where it fits in but the issue persists. So in a nut shell i have thoroughly cleaned the MAF, the throttle body and now the IAC as well as replaced bad o2's. I guess that leaves me with the vac lines, leads and plugs before i admit defeat and take it to someone that knows what they are doing to look at it. Also, thanks for the advice in the PM, working my way through your list!

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Flicked you another PM with something else i would like a reading of which may give me the answer to your problem.