Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel smell from exhaust - Car struggles to turn on.

Bus5r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE
I own a holden ve omega 2009
I recently done some work to the car and im now having problems.

Heres what i done,
I replaced the spark plugs and fuel injectors with new ones. I flushed engine oil, trans oil and radiator fluid. And replaced them, I also changed the oil filter. And trans filter.

Now heres my problem,
My car struggles to turn on it used to turn on 1 second after turning the key, now it takes a while struggling to turn on, when the car has warmed up and the revs go down and the car is in idle the car shakes and wobbles, also there is a fuel smell coming from the exhaust.

Please any input will be a big help.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Probably a dodgy injector or spark plug. Where did you get the new injectors?

Jake145

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute, A6 6.0
Sounds like the new injectors are bigger Then standard possibly sent you the wrong ones

Bus5r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE
Theyre genuine bosch i got them from ebay but a melbourne supplier.
This is the part number
BOSCH 0280156131

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/6ps-NEW-COMMODORE-VZ-VE-V6-3-6L-ALLOYTEC-GENUINE-BOSCH-FUEL-INJECTORS-0280156131-/191850113141?nav=SEARCH

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well one way to find out is to put the old parts back in and see if problem goes away.
Ebay stuff can be hit and miss. I'd like to put a set of those ebay injectors in my car at that price but to scared for this reason.

Bus5r

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE
well im going to pull it apart tomorrow morning and see if maybe i didnt do something correctly, when i lifted up the bonnet today 4 hours after driving i could smell petrol, so i went closer to see where the smell was coming from and i could hear a hissing sound, so i guess that tells me there is a leak releasing the pressure in the fuel rail. well thats what i think most likely it would be. As i said im going to take it apart tomorrow and check where the hissing is coming from.
Hopefully the injectors are not the problem and that it was an stuff up on my part.
Ill update tomorrow and let you guys know what happens.

Thanks for the replies btw. Much appreciated.