Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel smell in vr ute cab

94VRGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual
Hi, ok so not too long ago i got a VR manual V6 ute...
Its got this hell bad fuel smell in cab. Notice it heaps more when i just put fuel in, but i think it always smells just heaps more when just been servo... help pls?!!?
also... the holes behind seats arent blocked off and have no speakers in em but there is noway thats causin it, cos its pretty bad!! thanks guys, roxxy

Last edited by a moderator:

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
replied to your other thread....

remove the front floor panel in the back ute, the fuel tank is under there, check all the vent hoses on the top of the tank, if they're perished/come off the fumes will make it back into the cabin

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I forgot to mention around the fuel filler neck as well. Remove the rubber around the fuel filler neck and check. Bring a mate when you fill up at the servo and get him/her to watch for leaks in the fuel tank under the access panel thingo in the tray.

Another thing to check is around the fuel injectors also. Think that's it, good luck!

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
thats been siliconed down for sub.. but before that it was all checked and no evident signs of bad hoses etc

that's going to make it difficult to check it out then

94VRGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual
its been siliconed down for sub compartment... will b difficult yes, but it was checked before it was siliconed down... :/

Last edited:

nomad001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 ute
courious..how did you go with the smell?

94VRGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual
very bad i kno but havent got round to fixing it yet..! but i think i kno the prob, app the breather line is fkd, so thats where the REALLY bad smell iscomin from - its gettin worse... :/ ys that? :)

nomad001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 ute
i have the same prob.but i cant work out which hose goes where.but i found a 6mm hose floating around under the tank,looks like i gotta pull the whole tank out to fix it....thinkin bout throwin a match in mine..