Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel surge turning right? weird inst fuel readings

vkotis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Calais
Hey i have a vr calais v6 and i get what i think is fuel surge only when turning right. The engine does not stall and no warning lights come on but i get total loss of power, in any gear, and its worse the more the car leans over. It still happens when ive got a full tank but i dont think its as severe.

Recently i got the steering rack and pump replaced and now for some reason ive been getting strange readings at startup on my inst fuel consumption. When i start it reads 0 which is normal but then i reverse back with no accel and it goes up to 99l/100km then back to 0 whne i stop. It then goes up very high -80l/100km on initial accel very light. Kinda goes up again when u slow up again but then seems to sort itself out and settle down by driving around for a while. my ave fuel consump figures have gone up from around 9-12l/100km highway-town to like 14-18l/100km and i have not noticed any change in the car i think its just from the trip computer changes.

Any help much appreciated .

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Sounds like fuel pump to me but I dunno...thats my impulse guess...what do you guys reckon?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Try running a codes check first (see "how to's"). Your Calais probably has the steering rack with a solenoid which varies the ratio with speed...maybe when they put the new rack in they connected the wrong wires or left some off...maybe they squashed a fuel supply or return line...maybe knocked vacuum line to fuel pressure regulator off. Plenty of mayby's but the clue lies with the steering changeover and how this may have possibly caused the lack of power when cornering problem.. Good Luck.