Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel system turbo

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
so im turbocharging my vt v6 l36 commodore and what ive got so far is a memcal to suit my cars stock fuel pump with 36lb l67 fuel injectors, i got told by someone today that its not possible to run it without doing other things to the car such as the regulator and an extra fuel pump . I dont know if it changes much but the turbo is t3t4 and has an internal wastegate with 7.5psi spring so i wouldnt think ill be going much over 10psi. Can i run the car semi stock fuel system with just fuel injectors upgraded?it will have a tune to suit it.
I also got all the intercooler and piping, manifolds and bov i got the oil lines and a pod filter

Last edited:

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
An l67 fuel pump would be a good start for anything above 6 psi or so, just to be safe.
Ok so i could grab one from a wreckers and chuck it straight in?
Supposibly i got a tune from a guy on here who made it up with the stock l36 pump.. does that mean its ok? He obivously said i should get it tuned as soon as possible but ive got an hr drive to the tuner so dont wanna fuk anything up on the way,so if i get the l67 pump with a tune set out for the l36 pump will it be ok to drive?

Edit: also do i need to do anything with the regulator