Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] fuel systems

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys when building a good and trying to get the most power of a turbo ecotec that is being fully rebuilt, does anyone know if i should upgrade the fuel rail if so how to do it or where can i buy 1 from

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
what size injectors and rail pressure are you going to run should be the question, that will determine weather or not the standard rail is up to the job.
any idea what the id is of the standard rail?
I havent had a good look at them my self but with some 300cc+ injectors at maybe 4bar i dont see why it would have trouble flowing and that should be good for about 400hp.

what sort of power are you hoping to get out of it?

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
ive been told by proflow that with my setup so far i should be close to 600 hp and ive been told to run 660cc injectors, ive got 3/8 everything and the outlet of my fair rail looks like a tad bit smaller than 3/8 and the inlet side is about 5mm but thats only off the top of my head and by eye.

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
yeah that sounds about right around 650cc i got in my calc's but thats at base rail pressure, surely you could squeeze more out with an adjustbale fuel reg.
standard rail "should" be ok but dont quote me as im used to 4 injectors not 6, but as long as you got a descent fuel pump set up that can keep the pressure in the rail i dont see what you would have to upgrade the rail diameter.

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
im running a bosch 044 fuel pump with surge tank a turbo smart fuel pressure reg and upgraded to 3/8 fuel lines so i thought if i got upgraded fuel lines wouldnt i need upgraded fuel rail

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
i think it might be a good idea if the fuel rail's id is less than 3/8