Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel tank breather lines.

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
Just pulled my tank yesterday to swap out to a bigger pump for my conversion, the std pump still worked but the terminal was cooked and wires fried! (V8 VS sedan)

I found nothing but the filler neck and tank breather hose remained of the ventilation system!
Thank god this post exists! Haha

Now to work out how to get the frikkin tank out.. my first instinct is cut that large hose that runs through the body, pull it through and replace it... then regret it

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Just pulled my tank yesterday to swap out to a bigger pump for my conversion, the std pump still worked but the terminal was cooked and wires fried! (V8 VS sedan)

I found nothing but the filler neck and tank breather hose remained of the ventilation system!
Thank god this post exists! Haha

Now to work out how to get the frikkin tank out.. my first instinct is cut that large hose that runs through the body, pull it through and replace it... then regret it
tanks are pretty easy to do, undo bolts and replace all the old lines with new ones, available at any parts/hose store and then just bolt back up again :) nothing to regret really

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
tanks are pretty easy to do, undo bolts and replace all the old lines with new ones, available at any parts/hose store and then just bolt back up again :) nothing to regret really
Yep.. pretty much what I am going to do, cutting the hose and replacing with fuel rated hose and hose clamps.

Big_Bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V8 Executive
[
Going to resurrect this thread to see if i chance it that someone has the same setup and can provide a photo or two to confirm how the lines run.

I have two series 2 VS Commodores, one the V6 Executive, and the other a V8 SS.

The fuel vapor return lines on the SS have perished (the shitty clear old stuff).
It has the same vapor separator setup as this:
View attachment 210628

The interesting thing is there is some differences between the SS models and the V6 models, as this is not the same setup on the V6 Exec!

I am wondering if anyone has the same setup that they could confirm where the 14 and 19 lines run to.
I assume that by the 11, 19, 13, and 18 that this is the line that runs from the charcoal canister.

But where does 14 go to? is it simple a vent to the atmosphere? But why is there a connection on 9 that also appears to vent to the atmosphere?

Ok.. like Jaymz, I am after the same info on where #14 runs to?
My tank had only the large nylon breather hose from the tank to the filler neck remaining out of the whole vent system... everything else turned to crumbly crud.
Does #14 plug back to the tank or vent out?
I assume that #19 plugs in to the charcoal canister?

Going to put purchase a couple metres of 5mm ID fuel hose and put the tank back in over the weekend

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
The #19 is/are the clamps, #18 is the big breather from tank to top filler neck your talking about,
the other breather goes to carbon/charcoal/canister.
Your sender unit should have on it both pipe connections for the return and sender fuel lines that run to the firewall.

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais, VS Berlina & LX Torana
I thought some people might find this useful - Rare Spares have recently released a new product: #EMH1000 - Fuel Tank Emission Hose Fitting Kit for VN VP VQ VR VS sedan models. I'm about to give it a try on my 5 litre VR Calais.... will report back once I've had a crack at it...

It's a universal kit and the instructions say that not all components supplied will be required on all models. Interesting to see too that it comes with a reducer barb.

Fingers crossed!

EMH1000 Rare Spares.JPG