Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel tank leak

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
sure its the metal leaking? its very common for the hoses around the filler/overflow to fall to bits and leak on VLs. ive replaced mine.

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
I reckon that stuff called "Selleys Knead it" is ripper stuff:thumbsup:

It's a epoxy putty that is really easy to use and lasts a really long time; I carry it in my tool kit in the car and the boat.

Check it out:D

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
sure its the metal leaking? its very common for the hoses around the filler/overflow to fall to bits and leak on VLs. ive replaced mine.

I found that too with mine, before i had the tank out, i noticed a drop of petrol on the drive and went to investigate, put my hand under the gaurd and the hose pretty much crumbled to dust in my fingertips

So i did a quick repair job, and when i say "quick" i mean i didnt take the tank out, just went to the best piece of hose remaining, cut and then put a plastic through connector in to a brand new piece of hose, then when i had the tank out i replaced the lot again followed by the fuel pump.

No more leaks

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
Ive now got the parts car tank out and there is a collection of clear plastic tubing in very poor condition near the filler pipe that would have been for fuel evaporation control, and originally under the mudguard
this I think would be a cause of petrol smells, the tubing is transparent and seems to have been the wrong type, not able to cope with petrol vapor