Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Tank "Sloshing"

Campbell4466

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Hi, picked up our new SV6 Storm last weekend. Not sure if anyone has brought up this topic before.

We were reversing it into a car park the other night and we could hear the fuel in the fuel tank "sloshing" around as we were applying the brake to slowing go into the car park.

Does anyone have this problem. I have never had this issue with any car I've owned before. I thought the cabin should block noises like this out.

Other than that, the car is great.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Yes. Other threads on here. Just do a search.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Never had the problem in older cars either, but yes the VF does do that and so does my newish (2012) Mazda 6. Nothing to worry about though.

Chrisj911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf ssv commodore
I have had my ssv wagon for about 3 months and have heard the fuel "sloshing" around about 3 or 4 times. My tank has never gone below half empty so why I have only heard it a couple times is a mystery. Bit like the snake rattle under acceleration, nobody seems to know why, but seem to know that it is ok and normal.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Here we go
Another one wanting to defy the laws of physics...
I wanna self harm

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
I guess you could challenge physics and cut your wrists if you really want to, but properly designed fuel tank baffles and appropriate sound deadening will also go a long way. Clearly Holden has skimped somewhere as previous models have not had this issue.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
"issue"... "problem"...

Don't really see what the big deal is ay. Little slosh noise every now and then surely can't be that annoying.... But you are right, we better let holden know of the drama and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on on R&D to resolve the drama.... with the last car they're ever going to be making! :thumbsup: