Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel tank

Testie

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Series Berlina LX
I have read a lot of posts but am still lost. The return pipe to the tank is it connected to the filter in the bottom of the tank? If so what are the consequences of not have that connection? All pipes are stuffed but I can’t see any debris in the tank. Doesn’t look like any way of reconnectin.

Attachments

• 1F80C562-A41F-4946-9C0E-8F3B064FDDCE.jpeg
    1F80C562-A41F-4946-9C0E-8F3B064FDDCE.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 111

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
That is the swirl pot connection. Without it connected, you will have troubles when at 1/4 tank and turning right. Fuel pump will also run hot when below 1/2 tank and require replacement soon.

I have been able to remove the connection piece with a coat hanger by twisting and gently pulling to get the fitting off the swirl pot.

Only use submersible fuel hose, not the regular stuff when replacing.

Testie

Reaction score
Members Ride
That is the swirl pot connection. Without it connected, you will have troubles when at 1/4 tank and turning right. Fuel pump will also run hot when below 1/2 tank and require replacement soon.

I have been able to remove the connection piece with a coat hanger by twisting and gently pulling to get the fitting off the swirl pot.

Only use submersible fuel hose, not the regular stuff when replacing.

Testie

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is a hose clamp on the filter end and I can’t see the other end let alone replace it. Even with a borascope I can’t see.Has anyone cut an access hole in the top of the tank?

Testie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the answers. Looks like the way to go. As I only have one arm working I am looking for the easiest way. Now to find someone crazy enough to cut a hole.lol

Testie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Panic is over! Two mates took it to there workshop and worked their magic. All sorted now just need to reinstall, Thanks for comments and help!