Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Tank

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
hey guys going to remove my tank as its full of dirt ive changed my filter and when i did the fuel was a light orange and i cant fill it all the way up but just around under half a tank so i have to cheat the system and put in like $15 or the car will run like pure ass farting n **** so just if anyone has done this or can help me out with a bit of a tutorial or any tricks or stuff i might need to buy IF i break something. ta

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
elleries workshop manual gives a good description of how to do it, theres usually an electric fuel pump in the tank

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
k well cant find an elleries so i just go with it

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
make sure you drain the tank first. take out the internal pump. disconnect the filler pipe. disconnect the wires to the sender unit. drop the tank.

snake_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
its a bitch to do yourself so get someone to give you a hand. the hardest bit i found was getting the filler pipe out the back of that big rubber seal around it. need lots of vaso and some persuasion. you shouldn't break anything but a new in-tank pump wouldn't be a bad idea while you've got it out. you don't want to have to do it again when the pump dies. they are about $80 from memory

bax when you say 'disconnect the filler pipe' what do you mean? mine is welded to the tank, are some of them able to be separated from the tank?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
from memory there is a way of separating the the filler neck from either the body or the tank. i may be wrong. i read it in the manual awhile ago.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
my mistake. i just checked the manual. you have to remove the filler neck stoneguard under the righthand fender.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Ill look into it and yeh a new fuel pump will be done Thanks..