Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel tanks

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Just wondering if a VN wagon fuel tank would fit under a VK wagon? Are the V6 and 5.0L tanks the same, wats the difference? I'm after a solution to get a tank under my wagz with a return line for the EFI 5.0L.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Just wondering if a VN wagon fuel tank would fit under a VK wagon? Are the V6 and 5.0L tanks the same, wats the difference? I'm after a solution to get a tank under my wagz with a return line for the EFI 5.0L.

I cant say for a wagon but I am running a tank from a VQ Statesman in my VK. There are very few/slight changes between models mainly cosmetic stuff so I would say it would fit but you will have issues with filler neck. I suggest you grab one out of a VL wagon it would be a more of a bolt in solution.

When I fitted my tank one tank strap fitted fine the other needed extension to make it fit due to different locating point.

cheers
Scott

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
What about pumps, do I just use the VQ pumps (I got a VQ 5.0L donor car) with the VL wagon tank? Is there a pump inside the tank and one outside?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
What about pumps, do I just use the VQ pumps (I got a VQ 5.0L donor car) with the VL wagon tank? Is there a pump inside the tank and one outside?

That depends on the tank you use, My VQ tank uses 2 pumps.
Low pressure internal pump then a high pressure external one.

I think the VL uses 1 external only.

Im pretty sure the VQ tank i have uses 2 pumps as its a long range tank and the first pump is used to pump the fuel out of the bottom of the tank.

cheers
Scott

streetholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
VL tanks have a low pressure inside and hi pressure out side, im fairly positive on this as i had a VL before this.