Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

gotahope

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute extended body
Gday
can anyone tell me if sedan and or wagon tanks can be installed into a ute without stuffing around? Also what are the sizes of tanks in the VS range i have heard about 55, 60, 68, 75 and 80 lts tanks .

Thanks

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
I'm not sure on the fitment side of it but a VS v6 commodore sedan tank is 63lt, which is the same as late model VR, VN to early VR models were a 70lt tank- but the design was changed because a lot of people would over fill them

VS v8's sedans were 73lt, same as late VR, VN to early VR models were a 80lt tank, some VN-VR's could be optioned to a 90lt

Utes and wagons are different again, I'll have to check when I get home if you like

gotahope

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute extended body
I'm not sure on the fitment side of it but a VS v6 commodore sedan tank is 63lt, which is the same as late model VR, VN to early VR models were a 70lt tank- but the design was changed because a lot of people would over fill them

VS v8's sedans were 73lt, same as late VR, VN to early VR models were a 80lt tank, some VN-VR's could be optioned to a 90lt

Utes and wagons are different again, I'll have to check when I get home if you like

Mate that would be great. My VS ute is an ex ambo (extended back) the most i have been able to squeeze into it is 52lts. and because there is a lot of room under there it has been suggested that a bigger tank could be a good idea.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Do the utes have the tank mounted behind the cab and fuel pump is fitted to the top of the tank ?
I do know that wagon and sedan tanks are different. Both have fuel pump fitted to the front side accessed from under the vehicle.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Do the utes have the tank mounted behind the cab and fuel pump is fitted to the top of the tank ?
I do know that wagon and sedan tanks are different. Both have fuel pump fitted to the front side accessed from under the vehicle.

Ute tank still has the fuel pump and sender going through the side. The top of the tank goes almost up to the cargo floor with just enough space for breather hose.

gotahope

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute extended body
from what i understand i remove a panel behind the drivers seat to replace pump

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
You can buy a 100lt tank for utes which is a direct replacement. If you can fit a ex NT paddy wagon, They had a 200lt tank