Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel usage.....cant be right or can it?

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well splashed some fuel in my car this after noon as it got to red (i know it aint good)
looked at my trip clock and it had 297km on it which i reset at every fill up, i filled up with 33 ltrs last week as we had the local JC crusie.

is this unheard of getting 9 ltrs to 100kms in a vl, i was grany driving shifting at 1200-1300rpm all week besides two drag races that accoured,
i have changed every sensor in my car recently and its running smooth and perfect, could this b why im getting soo good?
it is said that stock manual vls get 10.5 100km so if its possible? and not my trip clock stuff? im stooked if it not stuffd

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
lucky bastard :)

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
the great thing is a drive like this always with out thinking of shifting early, problem is i dont get payed much so cant fill up and use it to my advatage well:bang:
what do yous out there get? ____ltr per 100km

could it also be to do with having a zorst system and CAI with K&N panel allowing quick in and quick out of fresh air and th by products?

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
lol my auto got about 350 out a tank

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
kms

VL Berlina 5speed said:
well splashed some fuel in my car this after noon as it got to red (i know it aint good)
looked at my trip clock and it had 297km on it which i reset at every fill up, i filled up with 33 ltrs last week as we had the local JC crusie.

is this unheard of getting 9 ltrs to 100kms in a vl, i was grany driving shifting at 1200-1300rpm all week besides two drag races that accoured,
i have changed every sensor in my car recently and its running smooth and perfect, could this b why im getting soo good?
it is said that stock manual vls get 10.5 100km so if its possible? and not my trip clock stuff? im stooked if it not stuffd

What size wheels have you got again??:thumbsup:

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
well after a few weeks and tankfulls in amy's redone vl, she's getting about 670kms a tank (she granny drives) so, no it's not that un beliveable

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
On half a tank i get between 280-320k's from granny driving. Atm my car is running rough so i am getting around 250k's+ for half a tank.

G

Grantis1976

dont know if you guys are turbo or not, but I have a VL n/a wagon, standard tank, no oversize lines or anything wierd, but getting approx. 475km per tank.

On the long trips - Sunshine Coast to Bundy, it goes over 500 !!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
mag said:
What size wheels have you got again??:thumbsup:
that would be 205/65R15's y u ask?

and slapnuts the motor in the vl is completey rebuilt and all new sensors so its basicaly running at perfect performance, right?
so must mean mines is good condition, could b because all new sensors too:w00t:

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I get about 300 around town, maybe 400 on a long trip.