Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel usage & suped up noise?

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
this will sound so dumb but im sorry, what is the deal with city driving to freeway driving? is it because ur braking alot?

i am so not gonna boot it anymore

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
well, city driving uses far more fuel, especially if you like to accellerate harder than most Volvo drivers. This is because it takes more energy to change the velocity (speed) of an object, than it does to maintain velocity.

In other words it costs more to speed up or slow down than it does to maintain speed, which is typical of highways.

I noticed mine was 11.5 and dropping, city yesterday morning, because I was feeling good and life was pleasant and I felt like being calm.

Yesterday avo, however, I had the shits with work, slow drivers and traffic so booting it caused me to go to 14.something rather quickly, which made me more pissed off, which made me boot it more which used more fuel which I had to stop harder because of the slow drivers and the traffic but the fuel was going up so I booted it more....:ranting:

deep breath.......

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
bradcad said:
well, city driving uses far more fuel, especially if you like to accellerate harder than most Volvo drivers. This is because it takes more energy to change the velocity (speed) of an object, than it does to maintain velocity.

In other words it costs more to speed up or slow down than it does to maintain speed, which is typical of highways.

I noticed mine was 11.5 and dropping, city yesterday morning, because I was feeling good and life was pleasant and I felt like being calm.

Yesterday avo, however, I had the shits with work, slow drivers and traffic so booting it caused me to go to 14.something rather quickly, which made me more pissed off, which made me boot it more which used more fuel which I had to stop harder because of the slow drivers and the traffic but the fuel was going up so I booted it more....:ranting:

deep breath.......

lol oh ok thanks it makes alot more sense now, i think i will only boot it on saturday night hahahahaa i gotta stop trying to over take old people..

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
overtaking's fine, its just when u put ur foot to the floor 2 overtake that is uses up tonnes of fuel, the further u put your foot to the floor, the more fuel goes into the engine to create more power therefore the more fuel u use

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VKStevo said:
overtaking's fine, its just when u put ur foot to the floor 2 overtake that is uses up tonnes of fuel, the further u put your foot to the floor, the more fuel goes into the engine to create more power therefore the more fuel u use

oh lord, no wonder im burning up the turf! ha ha ha, im hitting the pedel like anything... i came to the lights just before on my way home this subaru wagon was tailgating me, ha ha i gave him some... until this dumbass FORD driver merged on me.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Those damn ford drivers. Eww, i said ford *washes mouth out*. Lately alot of people have been having 'problems' with their fuel gauges/petrol usage in their VT's, me being one of those people... Last few days its been really thirsty, even after having babied it for about a week straight, says ave fuel use is 13.6 now, but the gauge goes down much quicker than it used to, so does the 'distance to empty'. Hmm, might take it to get serviced/checked out at holden this time round =/

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
MikesVT said:
Those damn ford drivers. Eww, i said ford *washes mouth out*. Lately alot of people have been having 'problems' with their fuel gauges/petrol usage in their VT's, me being one of those people... Last few days its been really thirsty, even after having babied it for about a week straight, says ave fuel use is 13.6 now, but the gauge goes down much quicker than it used to, so does the 'distance to empty'. Hmm, might take it to get serviced/checked out at holden this time round =/

my baby is sitting on about 30k to empty right now, im gonna use the expensive fuel on wednesday when i fill up, and i am gonna granny drive it for a whole week!

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
lpassociation said:
my baby is sitting on about 30k to empty right now, im gonna use the expensive fuel on wednesday when i fill up, and i am gonna granny drive it for a whole week!

Its much harder than youd think to baby it, especially when your used to booting it :p but good luck ey! Take mine in for a service on thursday, get the whole gauge thing checked out... Got some exterior chrome door handles getting put on too hopefully while its there ;)

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
So,......ay takers on why I can only use 62 litres of a 75 litre tank? Used to use the whole 75..

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
bradcad said:
So,......ay takers on why I can only use 62 litres of a 75 litre tank? Used to use the whole 75..
is it just saying that the tank is empty or does it actually run out of fuel, if it just says its out of fuel its probably not setup quite right