Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel usage & suped up noise?

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
well its either that or u cant get the last 15 litres in the tank, does it keep clicking off when u try 2 squeeze more in? a lot of cars do this and the only thing i no u can do about it is just keep trying 2 squeeze a little more in at a time and slowly but eventually it will fill up

Personally I would not go past 2 clicks. The reason why you filler does that it cause fuel expands, over fill a tank and you maybe asking for dramas.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Personally I would not go past 2 clicks. The reason why you filler does that it cause fuel expands, over fill a tank and you maybe asking for dramas.

some cars tick off way too early though, like the car im driving at the moment is a holden nova and if you stopped it on the 2nd click you might be lucky to have 15 litres in the 50L tank, in this case you have to squeeze it in bit by bit getting 5 or so litres in at a time, i only stop filling it up when i start only getting bits of a litre in at a time and thats still only about 40L

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
Hey this is glow the question is how many ks do you get out of 55 lts you should get 11 per 100 ks that is the standed for vts .Useing 95 and 98 % fuels will not realy do anything for your car it will just cost you more to fill up ..glowworm

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
my vk used 11L/100 k's in the city, my guess would be that a vt should be a fair bit better, unless you put your foot down a fair bit, that was using 98% prem. was about 12-12.5 using straight unleaded

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
some cars tick off way too early though, like the car im driving at the moment is a holden nova and if you stopped it on the 2nd click you might be lucky to have 15 litres in the 50L tank, in this case you have to squeeze it in bit by bit getting 5 or so litres in at a time, i only stop filling it up when i start only getting bits of a litre in at a time and thats still only about 40L

Good point mate

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
To the guy who asked why city uses more fuel...

Remember, you are also sitting at lights and intersections with your car running and using fuel, but you're not actually going anywhere. :thumbsup: