Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel usage & suped up noise?

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
hey all you hot up commo drivers!!!

ive got a 98 vt exec and im wondering, how much do YOU get from your fuel tank? and why is it that i can never fill more then 55 litres in one go? when i have a 75 litre tank!

my car is making a suped up noise from the muffler, sorry, im not very smart with this, but i think i might have the hole in the muffler syndrome, or something, but my question is, does your VT sound "suped up", im not sure what the last owners did but it just sounds very loud, not excessive, but like im driving a turbo or something. could the possible, hole in the muffler sound affect fuel useage?

thank you for your time. now race the commos hehehehhee :yeah:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I get about 850km's at the moment to a tank on short city and long highway driving.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
I as wondering about the fuel tank thing too- I only get 62 litres. Maybe the pickup has relocated itself...

If I look after it I get 12 l/100 or 8 on the freeway.

If I boot it everywhere- 18

That's on a 200 000 k old car. They noise could be either an aftermarket exhaust, or a hole in the muffler, by which time the muffler usually collapses internally, and can cause you to use excessive fuel.

If you get to a muffler shop, most of the time they'll check it for you for free.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
If you really want a suped up noise, put a 2.5" redback exhaust.....just make sure you dont have one already. A stock muffler rear muffler is a rectangle prism shape (stainless steel painted black or tar)

Last edited:

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey thanks holden007, im sure that mine is stock

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
bradcad said:
I as wondering about the fuel tank thing too- I only get 62 litres. Maybe the pickup has relocated itself...

If I look after it I get 12 l/100 or 8 on the freeway.

If I boot it everywhere- 18

That's on a 200 000 k old car. They noise could be either an aftermarket exhaust, or a hole in the muffler, by which time the muffler usually collapses internally, and can cause you to use excessive fuel.

If you get to a muffler shop, most of the time they'll check it for you for free.

lol, i do boot it alot, i might go to a muffler place tomorrow, i dont think my fuel is excessive but it is a bit more than i thought! thanks!

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
minux said:
I get about 850km's at the moment to a tank on short city and long highway driving.
wow, 850k!!!

my friend said hes gets about 800 on his camira, i think my fuel problem may have something to do with my either going hard at it or maybe a muffler/internal problem thing, if only i could make it to 500 lol

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
minux said:
my new clubby has done 350km with it reading 65L used....in its first tank load with me....
but that would have a lot to do with some heavy footing of the beast since i have only had it less than a week :whistling

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
My VT is drinking about 13.7lt/100km and thats after having "calmed down" so just normal driving, taking off like an old granny, etc =/. A bit thirsty for a stock V6, and lately the gauge has been going down a lot quicker than it should, eg. Yeterday I had 3 quaters of a tank, today just under half a tank after 14km drive... Hmmm maybe thats just city driving... As for the "suped up" noise, I wish I had that =(

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
MikesVT said:
My VT is drinking about 13.7lt/100km and thats after having "calmed down" so just normal driving, taking off like an old granny, etc =/. A bit thirsty for a stock V6, and lately the gauge has been going down a lot quicker than it should, eg. Yeterday I had 3 quaters of a tank, today just under half a tank after 14km drive... Hmmm maybe thats just city driving... As for the "suped up" noise, I wish I had that =(
If you're doin city driving 13.7L is pretty reasonable IMO

I get 14L/100km in heavy city driving.

I live in Sydney, driving in the city averages 10-15kmh, whereas going to Perth, Brisbane or somewhere else you could average 40kmh.

As soon as I open up my car on a highway I can average 8L/100km if I put on the cruise control.