Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Use

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I filled up my V6 VS nearly 3 days ago, and I dont know how much fuel I should expect it to use. Ive done 300ks and used 5/8 of a tank...so (brain ticks over...60/8*5) 37.5 litres of regular unleaded, leaving me with a bit over a quarter of a tank left.

Is this normal/average/good/bad? What do you guys get from your fuel?

T

tommi

well when i first got my car a couple of months ago, i was running approx 90km for 1/8 of a tank. now its running rough just bcoz its due for a service. also depends what kind of driving ur doing as well. im doing peak hour city traffic which could also be an explanation why my fuel economy is a tad rough. after i get the service i'll let ya know!
best of luck

T

tonysoprano

When I fill the tank i usually get about 400 - 420km, when i refill it usually takes between 45 - 49 litres. I do city driving, occasionaly drive it hard but not all the time, using ultimate 98 fuel. I recently was getting bad economy (about 350km) coz my cat converter was stuffed and was blocking the exhaust. The car is completely stock.

J

Jason

My 3.8 auto VS uses about 10-12 littres/100k's, when most driving is highway.

when doing a lot of city driving, especially if you drive it hard, economy will hit rock bottom.

mine hasn't been serviced for a while...would that make a big difference, does anyone know?
(Car is stock-standard)

J

Jason

oh yeah...i've only ever used normal unleaded (ULP?).
is there any advantage, power or economy-wise to using premo or ultimate, etc?

B

boss

QUOTE well when i first got my car a couple of months ago, i was running approx 90km for 1/8 of a tank

Tommie I'd like your economy thats about 720 Ks to a tank. My VS 3.8 gets around 400 Ks a tank. I get much better economy on long drives.

Jason, Premium unleaded will give you a better economy, but costs more. From my experience its not really cost effective, but is better for your car and has higher octane.

If your car needs a service its possible that that my make it uneconomical. bad timing can use up petrol quicker.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Yeah longer drives my fuel gauge on my '97 vs II seems to stay higher for longer.

I tend to get away with $38 a week or there abouts. I drive a fair bit too as l'm still at school so l have that extra free time on my hands.

T

tommi

boss,
yeah, that was when i first got the car off a family who drove it, like, well, a family! since then, iguess i've given it a bit more grunt and slight mods i wld b wishing to get that much nowadays.