Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel ussage

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Hey guys im getting 14.5L per 100km I dont know what could be wrong I have the aircon on most times Dont flog it much Plugs were changed not long ago I also have a K&N Pannel. It used to sit on 12.5 :S Got me confussed

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
anyone know, how much holden or any other shop should / will charge to replace both idler pullers and belt - labor + parts $$$?

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
They quoted me $180 to replace the 3. Its doesnt take them long they do it all the time.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Hey do you guys think it would be ok do make a 350km trip As i think i have that idler pulley problem As i posted about my high fuel ussage. I can hear a slight bearing noise but its hard to tell with the belt noise?

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
pretty sure you would be right. spray some lanolin based lubricant in behind the pulley before the trip, and take with you incase it does **** itself, but it's highly doubtful unless you are gonna cane the ass out of it the whole way

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
I sprayed it with DW40 tonight Sounded like it did some good Its very hard to tell but yes It will be fixed the following week i get back.. plus granny driving 100k the whole way as i have 2 points on a gdb lol..

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
wd40 will work, for about 100k. the reason is that it is actual a rust remover as well, and it will dissolve the remaining bearing grease if you use it too much. Go for something like inox from autobarn or repco, it will work. I have this problem on my v6 ute, and the inox works for around 500k's til the noise slowly creeps back. whereas I used rp7 a few times and it only lasted a day. (50k). I have mine booked in to be replaced next week as I can't stuffed playing with pulleys and ****.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Thanks heaps for the info. Will hunt down some inox on friday and see how i go. ;)

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Thanks heaps for the info. Will hunt down some inox on friday and see how i go. ;)

your welcome mate, best of luck, I'm sure you'll be right afterall it is a holden.

P.S, replacement pulleys are $55 from repco. it's about a 20min job for an amateur. an hour for a professional. :w00t: