Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
I heard on the radio thismorning that john howard is taking about raising fuel excise tax.....hes doing this for some bull reason that they need to start putting money towards researching other fuel sources....um mr howard what the f*ck do we pay excise tax, rego and gst on fuel for?????
I think some one needs to smarten him up...but he can say this because WE pay for his fuel....
has any one else heard about this?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
i've heard about it
have also heard this afternoon its been scrapped & the research is going to paid for out of the budget.
so your tax is going to go up somewhere else to pay for it

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
You've misheard it, a 3c levy that they were going to introduce at the start of January has been scrapped due to the current price of petrol. The levy was going to fund research into producing more environmentally friendly fuel.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
fourstar82 said:
You've misheard it, a 3c levy that they were going to introduce at the start of January has been scrapped due to the current price of petrol. The levy was going to fund research into producing more environmentally friendly fuel.
i heard it was 1 cent... bringing the excise from 38c up to 39c ler litre and that the miney was to be paid to the oil companies to fund research into alternative fuel sources. didnt hear anything about it being canceled though...

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
the increased levy on fuel has been scrapped.
but our ******** government is still going to give the fuel companies taxpayers money.
so in other words we're still paying for it anyway
as if the fuel companies can't afford to fund it themselves :ranting: