Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full audio system VE Sv6 series 1

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 not a 5 speed auto :(
Have a series 1 ve 08 sv6, Looking to install a complete new sound system i've installed a sub with a built in amp on a vx with an aftermarket headunit but this is a whole different ball game.

I have about 1k i'm willing to splurge on a complete sound system for it -sub if not obtainable.

So i'm looking at 2 way fronts and replacing the tweeters and fronts with some speakers then getting 2 coaxials for the back looking to roughly go about 60rms rear minimum little bit more in the front give or take.

Step 1 is how do i go about connecting the stock head unit to an amp rewiring the new speakers in too? Is LOC the answer? What one would you recommend?

Step 2 do ves stock headunit have a subwoofer wire? Or would i have to sacrifice my back speakers and run it from them? This is the part that really confuses me cause at this point if i had a different car id just buy a aftermarket headunit compatible with rca of what i want to do? So i am wondering the best way about connecting an amp to the stock head unit while running all 4 speakers with a sub?

With all that out of the way. I'm fairly comfortable picking my own speakers etc but what would you suggest for an amp, loc if this is the route you think i should go? Looking to run 4x speakers 60-100rms + 600-1000w sub, What's the easiest option about obtaining my desired results? Do you think this setup would require a 2nd battery? do i need a crossover to send low signal to my sub?

Open for ideas if you think i should change this setup i'm trying to obtain, Also open to ideas for good quality speakers,

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Doing anything audio related beyond replacing the existing speakers is difficult with a VE because you cant easily replace the head unit. Your going to have to use line levels if your adding an amp obviously. I think adding a sub is going to be a bit difficult.

There’s a slight chance you might have a sub out line as the premium sound systems like in my SSV had two 8 inch subs on the rear parcel shelf and an amp in the boot. They both had different head units though so its highly likely they they deleted the sub out on the basic single CD head unit.

Myself I’m just going to save up the money and get an aftermarket Alpine head unit.

https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/perf...pecial-vehicles-hsv/ilx-702d-for-ve-series-1/

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have a series 1 ve 08 sv6, Looking to install a complete new sound system i've installed a sub with a built in amp on a vx with an aftermarket headunit but this is a whole different ball game.

I have about 1k i'm willing to splurge on a complete sound system for it -sub if not obtainable.
If you want full system you need to double your budget. The stock head unit sucks, it doesn't even have Bluetooth audio.

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you want full system you need to double your budget. The stock head unit sucks, it doesn't even have Bluetooth audio.

What kit would you recommend kitting for this? Are there any around the 500 mark?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You need an installation kit to fit an aftermarket HU, this alone is about $400. HU is about $400 for something basic but decent like a Pioneer. $200 for a sub and similar for splits, and another $150, for rears. If needing to pay for installation add another $600.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I honestly would leave the stock speakers in as they aren't that bad in a VE.
You can buy aftermarket plastic trims for most cars these days so you can mount a single din unit and leave the stock unit in place.
Then just take the speaker connections and swap them over to the aftermarket unit. This way you get car play ect.

I would spend big on the head unit as you will gain a lot in sound quality there. Add a good sub in a custom box in the boot with a decent amp something around 600w. Then spend the rest of your money if there's any left on sound deadening the doors the roof and the boot.
The sound deadening will give you the bigest improvement in sound.

Also with speakers wattage is uselss to compare speakers if the sensitivity is miles apart. The VE speakers are probably 45w but are infinite baffle so likely 90+ db sensitivity some 60w speakers may be down at like 87db which would make them quiter anyway.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I honestly would leave the stock speakers in as they aren't that bad in a VE.
You can buy aftermarket plastic trims for most cars these days so you can mount a single din unit and leave the stock unit in place.
Got a link to this single din fascia kit? I only know of the double din one. I was of the understanding there is no single din kit for a VE as it needs to control the climate control?

jezzau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a link to this single din fascia kit? I only know of the double din one. I was of the understanding there is no single din kit for a VE as it needs to control the climate control?

You can buy a slot for the aeropro to make it single din :) i just seen one

Aerpro FP9350BK Install Fascia Kit for Holden Commodore 06-11 VE Series 1 Black Single Zone A/C | Automotive Superstore

I will be getting this what double din head unit would you recommend for a maximum of 300 for the head unit obviously need something that will suit my needs :) F/B/Sub