Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full Car Respray

::Team420::

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Statesman 5L
Ok just wanna get a rough idea on the price of a car respray, i know i could ring the panal beaters but it's to late atm, the colour i wanna get is that new red colour on the calias, on the holden ad, spose it's like a red orange :/ but hey i dont know.

So yeh just post ya opinions and estimations, cheers lads.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
$5000-10,000

For a different colour. You have to do the doorjams, remove engine and do the engine bay etc. It's a big job..

Changing colours isn't usually done unless you have a lot of money, a mate in the industry or it's a show car..

It might be cheaper if you do the prep work, preparing the panels. But if you need to ask for an estimate, it's probably best you leave the panel work to the professionals..

::Team420::

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Statesman 5L
True, never thaught it would be up to that much, and never thaught of all the things that are needed to be done to prep..

Cheers for it Shounak, might just go with some nice vinyls now lol...

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Ye got my car resprayed for $4500, same colour, no interor panels. But it was well worth it, my original paint was awful, I couldn't reckonize the car after it got resprayed, the panel beaters did a very nice job.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
holden007 said:
Ye got my car resprayed for $4500, same colour, no interor panels. But it was well worth it, my original paint was awful, I couldn't reckonize the car after it got resprayed, the panel beaters did a very nice job.
Jezz,It's only worth $4,500.Oh well...sentimental value I supose.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
beeks said:
Jezz,It's only worth $4,500.Oh well...sentimental value I supose.

Owned her for 8 years and still enjoying, my future upgrade will be 4.2ltr Stoker turbo engine (next 5 yrs) as my original engine is still performing strong at 213,000k's.

I have a lease back VZ from work, dont enjoy driving it one bit!

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
holden007 said:
Owned her for 8 years and still enjoying, my future upgrade will be 4.2ltr Stoker turbo engine (next 5 yrs) as my original engine is still performing strong at 213,000k's.

I have a lease back VZ from work, dont enjoy driving it one bit!
They can grow on you , especially if you know them.All the best.