Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full comprehensive insurance quotes for VK Group C replica?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
For 2 cars I'm paying a bit over 1k but that is after 2-3 years no claims or incidents.

When I had modded daily driver vy ss ute it was closer to 2k at much less value of the other cars.

Gtr torana is on laid-up insurance as a rolling shell....Shannons admitted it's undervalued but would happily raise it's value just need to put it on trailer/towtruck to get it independantly evaluated.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Gtr torana is on laid-up insurance as a rolling shell....Shannons admitted it's undervalued but would happily raise it's value just need to put it on trailer/towtruck to get it independantly evaluated.

I'm surprised at this....My mates GT had the value increased from $50,000 to $60,000, sight unseen.....IMA, he's been with them for years too....

His GT has been smacked hard down the left hand side and repaired.....Not too well either....The front cross member has been shoved back on the left.....Where the Radius rod goes through the cross member, has been cruddly welded back into place....Maximum caster I can get is 1/4 degree positive, where I should be able to get 3 degrees easily....

Left front guard has been spliced...ie, the front section is XA and the rear portion is XC....The B-pillar is pushed inwards, so the door doesn't line up too well....The left rear quarter looks like a sledge hammer was used to straighten it, then 20KG's of bog used to straighten it.

Only real good bits are, it's number matching....Motor is phase 4 specs....Fully balanced including flywheel/clutch pressure plate....Has a top loader and 9".....The rest of the body is so so.....

He has owned the car for 20+ years...Only work he did was the motor....The panel damage was done, before he bought it

So your GTR shouldn't have to much trouble being increased in value

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
It's still insured for maximum laid up value unseen...way more than what it owes me & can easily double it or more just they want to eyeball all the mods & it's condition etc.

Weirdly wouldn't put it on maximum value like my other cars because I'd owned the Gtr for decades & only let it run out of rego 2-3 years ago.
It got damaged in storage & needs panel/paint.

The commodores just needed pics sent & that was it although a mate got his ht gts inspected at car show to have insurance value upped to 150k.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I'm with shannons for my 3 at the moment. Was with Famous for the Maloo, but after them failing numerous times to fail to be able to spell my last name correctly on my invoices then dropping my agreed value out of the sky switched back to Shannons.

So I have my VZ Maloo, (26k) on full reg and my VC ($7k) and HQ ($18k) on club permits and Its around $2100-$2200. Thats with the Maloo being an occasional use (couple of times a month) which really is all it gets, but the kicker is me being a 24 year old male even with a clean license.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
Thanks for your replies, ended up going with Shannons. Very good to deal with, if I decide to go on club rego it reduces by half. Zero excess for theft & includes glass cover. So all in all not a bad policy.... Agreed valve was a bit low as not too many road registered group C replicas to reference against. Hopefully I’ll never need to use the policy.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Just a footnote the the many comments above; insurance premiums will vary wildly depending on many factors but the two biggest factors are age of driver and postcode. For example if an insurer has been slammed with claims from a particular postcode then that postcode will typically be more expensive, even more so if the claims have been clustered within a certain age group and particular car type, V8's and Turbo's for example.