Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full comprehensive insurance quotes for VK Group C replica?

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
After living in the UK for the last 4 years I have returned to Sydney & have got my VK out of storage & readying it for the road. Blue slip done & CPT looking ok ($400) but when I looked on a “comparison website” for full insurance nothing came up for my car. I have contacted Shannon’s & it seems a bit pricy for a 2 day a week usage with less than 5000kms PA ($1,000.00 and +50 year old only driver) Any ideas on who specializes in affordable insurance for these types of vehicles???? NSW Sydney based..

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Good luck with that one. I didn't try too many insurance companies but I didn't find one that would insure my vh for anything like it's worth. Most wouldn't look at a modified vehicle. You might be stuck with either Shannon's or third party.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Shannons were just about only ones who'd insure mine...modified with engineers report.

Weirdly they started from scratch as it had been a few years since last car was insured with them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Shannons would be the go. You could try a broker but it will probably be more expensive. I have used brokers before on the house when I couldn't find anyone to cover me, during the final stages of construction but it was well over double the price of what it costs me now, and now the value is 5x what i had it insured for when the broker arranged it. Also excess was $1200 and now only $400. I hear good things about Shannons. Exi yes but you will have decent cover.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Most mum and dad insurers like AAMI, NRMA and the like will only insure the car for book value which is nothing near reality. As other folks have mentioned Shannons are you best bet at least you will agree on the insured value up front, kilometres driven per year is also one of their underwriting questions which should bring down the premium if you don't drive it much.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Try www.enthusiast.com.au. I have my E3 with them for half the price I was paying with GIO. And when I modded the engine/exhaust, it cost me an extra $11/ month - I could have added a supercharger without paying any additional than the $11. It's a named driver policy and max 5000km /year (you choose the number of kms and pay accordingly). And the excess is something like $400 rather than $1350 with GIO.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Surprised the quote was for so much.

About 4 years ago, I rang for an over the phone quote for my daily VC.....Rattled off the list of mods and mentioned a few VC similar to what I have that were for sale and price.....Cheapest being $4,000....They came back with $4,500 agreed and $400 ish per year to insure

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Surprised the quote was for so much.

About 4 years ago, I rang for an over the phone quote for my daily VC.....Rattled off the list of mods and mentioned a few VC similar to what I have that were for sale and price.....Cheapest being $4,000....They came back with $4,500 agreed and $400 ish per year to insure

I'd suggest that @Lacksballs car will be insured for somewhat more than $4.5k.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'd suggest that @Lacksballs car will be insured for somewhat more than $4.5k.

This is true, but going from memory a mate has 6 cars insured with Shannons....2 are FG Falcons, 1 a V8 XW wagon, 1 XA GT Coupe, 1 1969 F100 ex-ambo 1 XA GT 4 door....Insurance bill for all of them is $900 P/A.....

Not sure on agreed value with them, other than the Coupe being $60,000.....The FG's are dailies, the Coupe and wagon are low kay weekend cruisers and the others are on laid up insurance....So it still seems as though lackballs quote is excessive considering the information he provided

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This is true, but going from memory a mate has 6 cars insured with Shannons....2 are FG Falcons, 1 a V8 XW wagon, 1 XA GT Coupe, 1 1969 F100 ex-ambo 1 XA GT 4 door....Insurance bill for all of them is $900 P/A.....

Not sure on agreed value with them, other than the Coupe being $60,000.....The FG's are dailies, the Coupe and wagon are low kay weekend cruisers and the others are on laid up insurance....So it still seems as though lackballs quote is excessive considering the information he provided

Wow....that is cheap.