Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full Difilippo exhaust. 1 3/4 headers, 200 cell cats & 2.5” catback with bimodals welded back in.

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
I might be wrong, but I don't think having the bimodal valves fitted to the DPE mufflers will have as much of an effect as they do on the standard mufflers due to the internal design of the standard mufflers v's the DPE mufflers.
I have the DPE / walkinshaw system on my VF2 and asked about having the valves fitted, I was told that they could do it, but it wouldn't really make that much difference as the DPE / walkinshaw rear mufflers are a different internal design.
When you have a look at the cutaway pictures of a standard VF2 rear muffler, it makes sense...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I might be wrong, but I don't think having the bimodal valves fitted to the DPE mufflers will have as much of an effect as they do on the standard mufflers due to the internal design of the standard mufflers v's the DPE mufflers.
I have the DPE / walkinshaw system on my VF2 and asked about having the valves fitted, I was told that they could do it, but it wouldn't really make that much difference as the DPE / walkinshaw rear mufflers are a different internal design.
When you have a look at the cutaway pictures of a standard VF2 rear muffler, it makes sense...

Easy to find out...
Get a couple of mates to put a foot on one outlet of each muffler and hear the difference.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

I have a 3 inch DPE system on my MSE and the bi-modal makes a huge difference. The car goes from properly grunty and loud to very quiet. As others have said the OP's must have been broken or not installed correctly.

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
Got the left bimodal valve fixed guys and now its all good. Fairly quiet when cruising but nice and loud when you boot it.
Ive noticed that you do lose some of that nice note definition with the bimodals tho even when opened.
Either way happy with the performance gains and contemplating next modifications.
Im thinking about a small cam but i want the car to have perfect manners such as smooth idle, no loss in bottom end torque and no surging. Not sure if possible with a small cam and standard stall.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
it is definitely possible from a small to mid street cam and proper tuning

Jackel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv 2
it is definitely possible from a small to mid street cam and proper tuning
Do you think a small to mid spec cam will improve the bottom end? for example off the line at lights.
Only after more bottom end performance cause thats where i do 90% of my daily driving.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
If anything a bigger cam will be worse off the line...... they come into their own at higher RPM.