Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full stereo install guide, VZ SV6

walkintheseshoes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz sv6
Hi all,
I've decided to post the install of my stereo in my VZ SV6.
hope this helps anyone thinking of upgrading their stereo.
Also you will lose some of the settings that you access when you start your car, like headlight off time, door lock when driving and a few more. So i suggest you turn radio display off before starting and also adjust the settings to your liking before you start.
I've had to do it in 5 files as the forum only lets you upload small pdf files.
Enjoy:thumbsup:
View attachment Comprehensive guide on how to install an aftermarket stereo in a VZ SV6 Commodore 2_Part1.pdf

View attachment Comprehensive guide on how to install an aftermarket stereo in a VZ SV6 Commodore 2_Part2.pdf

View attachment Comprehensive guide on how to install an aftermarket stereo in a VZ SV6 Commodore 2_Part3.pdf

View attachment Comprehensive guide on how to install an aftermarket stereo in a VZ SV6 Commodore 2_Part4.pdf

View attachment Comprehensive guide on how to install an aftermarket stereo in a VZ SV6 Commodore 2_Part5.pdf

Thanks to phreddy and juzo for their links included in my pdf's

Please post a relpy and click the scales if you liked my post

Last edited:

=SKB=

Reaction score
Nice guide.

With the Pioneer unit have you run a switch on your power aerial or do you have the aerial up all the time while HU is on? I am considering a switch mounted inside the storage space that comes on the single din fascia panel.

Where did you install your cross-overs? I was thinking behind kick panels for mine.

:thumbsup:

walkintheseshoes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz sv6
Aerial and crossovers

I also placed my crossovers in the doors. They fit in quite easily. Just used double sided tape to hold them to door, Just off center to speaker hole.
As for the aerial it is always up. That doesn't bother me though. If there is a way i could change that i would consider it, but no biggie.

My System
Pioneer DEH-p8650mp
Alpine SPX 17-ref (front and back)
Eclipse XA4000
Rockford Fosgate P2 12"
Custom box from kartan enclosures
Need to buy a new sub amp!

=SKB=

Reaction score
I also placed my crossovers in the doors. They fit in quite easily. Just used double sided tape to hold them to door, Just off center to speaker hole.
As for the aerial it is always up. That doesn't bother me though. If there is a way i could change that i would consider it, but no biggie.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try a simple cutoff switch on the aerial cable and turn the aerial on when or if I want it. I never listen to the radio.

I was thinking about in the doors also (for cross-overs) but was worried they might come loose if someone slams the door.

walkintheseshoes

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz sv6
I used heavy duty double sided tape. Got it from bunnings. It's so strong i might not be able to get the crossovers out! LOL
Let me know how you go with aerial switch and how you connected it.
I've only got the one out put on my H/U which is for aerial and amp remote. So i guess the switch will have to go directly to the wire of the antenna, have cut it off car ISO plug. Didn't realy want to cut wiring off ISO plug though. So let me know how you go.

dymitie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
hey is it possible for you to email these pdf files as for some stupid reason I can't download them thanks.

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
Does anyone know how the power aerial on a VZ Berlina works? There is only one wire from the head unit that controls the aerial, however I can't figure out how the aerial knows to go up, down or stop at a height set by the user. I know a contant 12v will sent the aerial up and an absence of power sets it down, but not how you can manually set it's height and it will remain there.

Any help is greatly appeciated.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Does anyone know how the power aerial on a VZ Berlina works? There is only one wire from the head unit that controls the aerial, however I can't figure out how the aerial knows to go up, down or stop at a height set by the user. I know a contant 12v will sent the aerial up and an absence of power sets it down, but not how you can manually set it's height and it will remain there.

Any help is greatly appeciated.

There should be two wires, one green and one grey. 12v on both will extend the antenna, 12v on just green will retract it, if green has no voltage the antenna will stay where it is.

I believe the logic controlling the antenna to remember a set height is inside the radio unit itself.

vz05 boar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
great little guide u have there. with the tweeters you installed, how did you secure them in the position of the stock ones? atm i am considering doing the same installation myself and am just running through the steps, although i have a 2-din touch dvd H/U which scares me a bit thats the main setback atm.

PaulP38A

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross6
Thank you Walkintheseshoes, this will be very useful when I swap out the stock Blaupunkt stereo for an iPod headunit in my Crewman in the near future.

Unfortunately, Phreddy's audio.html page is no longer available. Is there an updated link for this information please?

Cheers, Paul.