Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full syn trans fluid

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes VS lover its the Pacies Y pipe that makes my servicing take longer than it normally would. I pay to have my trans serviced, so if i can cut down on frequency it saves me money in the long run.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Go twin cats so can take pan off lol.

Need to do that on vp,eventually fit pan with drain bolt for easier oil changes.

Keep it simple with regular oil changes & not let small things get to you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Go twin cats so can take pan off lol.
Need to do that on vp,eventually fit pan with drain bolt for easier oil changes.
I thought with side handbrake twin cats is not really an option? Drain plug pan yes that's something I would like. My last car came with a drain plug as standard from factory. Not sure why most cars don't?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Argh forgot you still had benchseat...should have left mine in but want to go twin cats & hate y-pipes.

Actually liked side handbrake just not how much it intrudes underneath.

Probably save money per car in manufacturing with no drain bolt....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah that's what I thought, just trying to cheapen the build.
I need the third seat or i would have fitted Stato seats already. If I didn't have the side brake i could have also fitted a locking fuel flap with cabin lever.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Still have to remove the pan to clean the filter. I find the 4L60e doesn't run as clean as some other transmissions.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I was a Mobil 1 user for years when I still had my RB30 powered VL Berlina, now that certainly made a difference over Valvoline, you know what I mean.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was a Mobil 1 user for years when I still had my RB30 powered VL Berlina, now that certainly made a difference over Valvoline, you know what I mean.
Back then though our oil options were limited. XLD premium was considered great stuff. Mobil 1 was the best but at 75 -80 bucks for 5L it was something I never used.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yep the VL was using Valvoline XLD in it when I purchased it and the previous owner thought it was special oil compared to what Holden Dealers used out of their 44's. I found that I had oil pressure issues at start up and was advised to change it to Mobil 1 which I did and it solved all the issues instantly. One things for certain and that is Japanese Engines were made to better tolerances and as such worked better with better oils. Ecotecs / Buiks can be used running on any old sludge product in them, but of course I don't. One thing I'm finding is that most people are now recommending higher viscosity oils opposed to lower in a V6 Buik or Ecotec. A 20W 60 is a better product in these engines we're using opposed to a 5W 50 so I'm told.

Last edited: