Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Full VE SV6 New Sound System

MarkieMarkus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hey guys, so I just had 2 amps, a sub, a pair of splits and rears installed into my VE SV6.

It sounds awesome, only problem is I dont like how much bass is coming through the speakers, i prefer it to come all out of the sub and no speaker bass, I know there is only the bass setting in the VE audio system, is there a way so that the bass control in there, only gives bass to the sub or is it a matter of tweaking the HPFs on the speakers amp. ( like one amp runs the sub and the other runs the speakers setup)

Any ideas?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
You could try lowering the bass settings on the head-unit, but it will also lower the output of the subwoofer. The HPFs on the spk. amp need to be set a little higher i would imagine, just adjust the filter/s a little bit higher then have a listen, if it to your liking then leave it there, if not turn the filters up a little higher at a time, listening in between untill youre happy with it.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yeah I would suggest keeping all settings on the H/U flat. ie bass on 0 treble on 0 etc. and no preset equalizer's on either. Adjust the HPF's on the speaker amp as suggested by holdenboy.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Mate what amps are running the speakers? as said before adjust settings on the amp like the cross overs set it to high to avoid the bass from the speakers also turn the bass boost down and maybe even gain but not sure about that one.

Cheers