Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fully custom air intake system

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Why wouldnt you be able to have a bonnet scoop faced forwards???? How is it illegal??

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
DPI WA said:
Structural cosmetic changes

No structural cosmetic change is allowed other than spoilers and bonnet scoops.

1. The fitting of front and rear spoilers either of fibreglass or sheet metal is acceptable, provided it is not likely to increase the risk of bodily injury to a person.

2. An air scoop fitted to the bonnet of a vehicle must not intrude into the line of sight. An air scoop must not have an unobstructed rearward facing opening (an incident such as the bursting of a radiator hose could result in the windscreen becoming completely obscured). The maximum air scoop protection should not exceed 60 mm

From Department for Planning and Infastructure of WA.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
coolvncommodore said:
Why wouldnt you be able to have a bonnet scoop faced forwards???? How is it illegal??

It's illegal in SA because their legislators are crazy. The opposite way is illegal in WA because their legislators are crazy. Either way but with a limited height is legal in NSW/ACT because our crazy legislators haven't gotten round to "fixing" it yet.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
... then paint the scoops flourescent yellow, so peds can duck their head to the side while they cartwheel over your bonnet toward the windscreen. >.<

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i think its easyer to do some plumbing down into the wheel arch, i put a hole about 60mm in diameter infront of the airbox, go some hose the same width and run it down to the front bar, instead ov running it srait into the box, i heat shelded around the area that the vn normally takes air from(behind the light) and cold ari bulds up in there for the airboc to suck in, it runs more air than the shitty ss cai's with 2 lil gaps for air to go through

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
i agree. Although it is illegal to cut holes in there cause its structual. What you do is get 100mm holesaw and take the top of your airbox off and chop a nice BIG hole.. Then you run a piece of 95mm pipe down from there to your front bar. DIY cold air. Cost $0

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
yah but then theres the whole structual integrity, at least with the scoop it's legal

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i read in another post that cutting a hole in the wheel arch is ok...but then i had a mate that put a hole in his rear wheel arch and got in crap...so i dunno...