Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuse box melted

Rchristou3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Sedan
Hey guys,

I have just purchased a VN V6 and I’ve started to clean it up to get it running and I’ve noticed that the fuse panel under the dash has melted around a few fuses.

I’m wondering how hard it is to replace the panel with another one which I have spare from a wrecked car. Is it the case of just pushing out all the pins and putting them in the new panel or would I have to cut and solder the wires from the old one into the new one?

Thanks I’m advance

Attachments

• E24FAAAA-E64A-4974-9269-E1A39F88265F.jpeg
    E24FAAAA-E64A-4974-9269-E1A39F88265F.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 107

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I’m certainly no expert, but would be making sure that whatever caused the old fuse panel to melt has been rectified.
Can you just replace the whole panel by disconnecting the old one at the loom? I’m sure someone more qualified than me will answer your question. Good luck.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
In a VQ the fuse panel under the dash plugs into the loom with 4 plugs. Are there plugs at the back of the panel you're holding- if so it's a plug in job.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d depin them and refit to the better block. However, there’s two possible things happening. The problem was fixed long ago. Or it’s still a problem and you need to find the bad earth.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I reckon you will find its the headlight sockets in the panel that has melted. Seems to be relatively common. If yes I'd say someone has tried running higher wattage globes.