Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuse trim panel clips??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone know what the three clips that hold the plastic panel up, under the steering wheel on a VR/VS are called? Also where can they be bought? Rare Spares don't have a listing and neither does eBay. Or at least calling them trim clips is wrong because that only brings up door trim clips.

Wreckers have them but the spring washer bit is broken on all I have seen, therefore the panel rattles.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Wozza. Fuse panel cover clips.... Who would have thought they would be called that LOL??? Rare Spares couldn't even tell me what they were called when I called, after looking on their site.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So i went calling around with the correct name in hand and found that only two sellers on eBay have them as well as Speed Spares. Parts are cheap but freight doubles the price. I have no option but pay 9 bucks freight, if i want them. I will have to grab them in a couple of weeks. I already spent my parts budget this week getting the door hinge pins, lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone have any options for replacing the spring washer on the clips/pins? Wondering if there might be a cheaper alternative than spending $18 on three clips.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
any suitable sized metal sims bent in 1/2 should work, or you could use an O-ring or silicone hose as a stop gap...

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
This postage thing is becoming such a rort !.
There are many cheaper ways to send those 3 retainers but sellers just don't want to explore better options.

It's simply like this..............if you want it you can pay us for it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah totally VS lover. They know they have you over a barell because only 2 or 3 sellers have any.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bit the bullet and just bought the clips Wozza linked. Hate paying double for what would have been 8-9 bucks if they were still widely available, but it is what it is..... At least I can eliminate one inside rattle in the ute, only one or two more to go.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Paying double better than paying triple.