Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fusion 4" splits in vn dash

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Thats pretty expensive for 40 watt rms speakers, whether they are splits or not.

They will struggly to fit under the speaker covers man. I have Soundstream ones which dont so I dont use the stock speaker covers anymore, just cover em with the dashmat.

Take a look at Soundstreams 4" range, they have better 4" speakers than Fusion. The Soundstream Exact 4" component speakers are 60 watts rms so the power rating is better than that of the Fusions.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
I got the old model FEC4 splits and for my ears they were well worth the money I shelled out for them. That said, you can forget about them fitting into the dash properly.

They are too tall...I've got mind in the place of the stock 4" ones, but they sit a bit higher, and I can't have the speaker covers on there (lucky I have a dashmat).

I had a look at the soundstream ones, but to my ears the Fusion ones sounded a bit nicer, but then again, to each his own. Make sure you listen to a range of 4" splits before you settle on one to buy.

adams vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn s
rear speaker grills

just wondering if anyone knows how to get the rear speaker grill out in a 91 vn???

ultimate_vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive
another thing where do u mount the crossover

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
vn6pwr said:
I would have to say not to bother and get 6" splits for the doors and put the tweeter in the 4" locations.
the bloke is right. really i would probably 6 inch 2 way splits or you could go some 3 ways and then mount the 3 inch in the dash ;)