Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fusion amp?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
bangers said:
i was thinking of hooking front splits up to the same channel as 6"s in the back and using them as light fill for the 6x9s on their own channel in the rear. i've got 6x9s and 6"s in the parcel shelf and am puting splits in the doors and getting rid of the 4"s in the dash. i want the 6x9s to do most of the work and just use the others to back-up the sound. or do people think it won't sound any good?

If you have the 6"s in the rear hooked up to the same channels as the splits in the front then you'll be having trouble using the rear ones as "light fill". Remember, if they're hooked up to the same channels and you want to adjust the gains of the rear 6"s to only be light fill it'll be adjusting the gains on your front splits at the same time. In essence, you won't be able to operate the front and rear gains independently for the front splits and rear 6"s.

All in all i'd strongly suggest you simply have your 6 x 9's running off 2 channels and your front splits running off 2 channels. Adding more speakers is likely to be detrimental to the quality of sound you get not to mention having to have more power available, paying for extra speakers and having to install them. At the end of the day in my personal opinion it's just not worth the effort when you'll be getting negative results for your time and money. But hey, what you decide to do with your car is your decision.

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
do u have the amp or thinkin of buyin the amp?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i just got it. i might end up just running the rear speakers off the amp. then when i do get splits i'll just run them off the HU. or put speakers in the rear doors too and get another 4 channel amp.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
no no no, run the fronts off the amp if you only have a 2ch, you really want the music in front of you

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
bangers said:
i just got it. i might end up just running the rear speakers off the amp. then when i do get splits i'll just run them off the HU. or put speakers in the rear doors too and get another 4 channel amp.

Semi - i think that's what he planned to do, it can be read two ways though. The first time i looked at it i thought he meant he was going to continue running the rears off the amp as well. But look at it:

"I might end up just running the rear speakers off the amp. then when i do get splits i'll just run them off the HU. "

I'm assuming the term "them" was supposed to be referring to the rear speakers here even though you'd interpret it as the splits. If not then bad idea :p

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
semi said:
no no no, run the fronts off the amp if you only have a 2ch, you really want the music in front of you

Its a 4ch amp :) im sure u know that

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Brycestro said:
Semi - i think that's what he planned to do, it can be read two ways though. The first time i looked at it i thought he meant he was going to continue running the rears off the amp as well. But look at it:

"I might end up just running the rear speakers off the amp. then when i do get splits i'll just run them off the HU. "

I'm assuming the term "them" was supposed to be referring to the rear speakers here even though you'd interpret it as the splits. If not then bad idea :p

yeh, that makes more sense now. All good

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
no i was thinking of running the four rear speakers off one 4 channel amp and then the front splits off the HU. or get another amp to run the splits off.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
it'd work, but quite frankly it's almost guaranteed to sound shite compared to a nice pair of splits up front running off 2 channels, one set of rears faded out running off headunit and a sub running off the other 2 bridged channels on the amp.