Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fusion amp?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i was wondering if the Fusion Power Plant FP-1404 is any good? I was thinking of running 4 x 6" speakers off 2 channels and 2 x 6x9s off the remaining 2 channels. would this work ok?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
I'm running one at the moment for my front splits and bridged channels for a Soundstream Rubicon sub in the boot until my other amp arrives to take care of new subs. I'm happy with it. Whether or not it'll run the number and type of speakers you've specified depends on what models they are and hence what wrms power rating the speakers have. Compare it to what the amp can put out and you'll have a much better idea. It's got fairly good power output too, you should be able to find all the stats on the fusion site if you haven't already.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
aah! 6 speakers??
Question is, why? You'll get better sound from just the one pair of 6x9s and 1 paid of 6"

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
well you will not be able to fade easily between front and rear.
you will need to remember to halve or double the amps power depending if you wire the speakers in parallel or series.
you will have a bad sound stage because of not being able to fade.
you will have wasted money on a set of speakers that dont improve the sound.
thers more negitives just cant be bothered typing them!
well on the positive side you will have half a dozen speakers in you car.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah... i was thinking of commenting on the number of speakers, but when i heard the words 6 x 9 i assumed sound quality might not be the aim and the overkill look was. But yeah dude, if your after something that'll sound nice, pair of 6.5" splits in the front, pair of 6"s in the rear and a basic sub instead of that second set of speakers up front or wherever you planned on putting them. Run your front splits off the 2 front channels of the fusion and bridge the 2 rear channels for the sub. Leave the rear 6"s running off the headunit and fade them so they're only providing light fill.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i was thinking of hooking front splits up to the same channel as 6"s in the back and using them as light fill for the 6x9s on their own channel in the rear. i've got 6x9s and 6"s in the parcel shelf and am puting splits in the doors and getting rid of the 4"s in the dash. i want the 6x9s to do most of the work and just use the others to back-up the sound. or do people think it won't sound any good?

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
not sure. The amp is plenty good enuff im runnin the same amp for my splits and my 6x9's but if i were u i'd only be runnin the fronts and the 6x9's off that amp. :)

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i don't want the same volume though. i only want the 6s to be 1/2 - 3/4 of the 6x9s. i just don't want to stuff the amp by doing it and i want the sound to be decent, not capable of going so loud you'd never get it there without standing 20m away just to listen to it.