Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fusions 308 VH '82 SL/X

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
Model : 1982 VH SL/X Commodore .
Driveline : Black 308 Trimatic .
Color : Deep Red Mica .
Interior : Dark green SL/X.
Wheels : VH SL/E polished .
Cost : $150
Wish List : 18" wheels , Blower , B&M Shifter , Brake upgrade kit .

Hi Guys , This is my current project . I have done a heap of work to the old girl so far . I have replaced the valance panel , the scuttle panel and 3/4's of the right hand chassis rail . The chassis rail took some work as their was a big rust hole where the sway bar bolted to and where the radiator support panel mounted to . I have also rebuilt a black 308 for the SL/X . The motor is pretty stock other than a crow cam ,crow heavy duty valve springs , Chromemoly pushrods , crane anti pump lifters and rollmaster double row timing chain . The paint is a deep red mica with added pearl .

Here's a few pics of what i have done so far .......

IMGA0006.jpg

IMGA0012.jpg

IMGA0026.jpg

IMGA0025.jpg

IMGA0027.jpg

IMGA0028.jpg

Last edited:

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
I like the engine bay. I'm current doing my engine bay too. Just filling up the holes where th a/c used to be. Cheers Jason

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate .

I added another coat of the deep red mica today and 2 coats of clear and this is the result .......

IMGA0031.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality .

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spent a heap of time on the H this weekend . I have fitted the new heart in to the old girl and started fitting all the bits and pieces back into the engine bay . I have also removed the doors as i will be making a start on the rest of the body getting it ready for primer . Loking forward to seeing the shell in some red :yeah: .

IMGA0035.jpg

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
looks to be coming along well, adding any body kits too it down the track or just the standard sedan?

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
looks to be coming along well, adding any body kits too it down the track or just the standard sedan?

Hi Mate . Not the biggest of fans for body kits . But will have the group 3 bonnet scoop fitted up .

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
very nice so far, red is a good colour... please keep posting progress.

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spent some more time on the H today . Went to the wreckers and bought a heater box for $15 . So I have removed all the carpet from the cab and found the normal cracks around the back bolts on the drivers seat . I welded them up and installed the heater box . I have also installed the steering column , V8 brake booster , Brake lines , charcoal canister and wiper and overflow bottles .

Hoping to make a start on the rest of the shell this weekend . Should be able to put the rest of the dash back together as well . Then next week my new carpet should turn up and i will be able to fit up the seats and centre console .

Some pics as usual :yeah: .......

IMGA0038.jpg

IMGA0037.jpg

IMGA0036.jpg

IMGA0039.jpg

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
My new carpet turned up today and it looks great. I'll be fitting it tomorrow fingers crossed . I have also sanded back the door jams and have taken the roof back to bare metal and will be in primer tomorrow . Hope to have the whole shell in primer by the end of the weekend . providing things go to plan .