Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fusions 308 VH '82 SL/X

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X, 1997 SII Calais .
Loooking fantastic mate.

The two colours are contrasting nicely. Interior/Exterior.

Thanks mate . I have always liked green with red for some reason .

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
Thanks mate . I have always liked green with red for some reason .

(i love Christmas too.):D looks awesome they two tone. nice and simple. i really love your red paint in the shadow and sun. cant wait to see it all back together.:thumbsup:

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fitted up the bonnet today to mark the spot to make the hole for the 14" filter to fit through . Taking it to get water jet cut next week ! So it will be a perfect circle :D . I have also fitted the flex plate and i'm waiting for a fellow member to send a torque converter that i paid for 3 weeks ago and still don't have it ! :mad::mad::mad:

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
So where did you get the engine from, I'm looking to put a rebuilt one in mine.

Hi mate . I got the motor off a mate out of a VK wagon . rebuilt it myself .

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Oh ok. Would you say a person like me (who has never pulled an engine apart) be able to complete a rebuild? :D

If you don't mind me picking your brains, what did you have to replace in the engine and what had to be done to rebuild it, just briefly (i know it might be a lot of work)

Fusion

Awww I bent my wookie !
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh ok. Would you say a person like me (who has never pulled an engine apart) be able to complete a rebuild? :D

If you don't mind me picking your brains, what did you have to replace in the engine and what had to be done to rebuild it, just briefly (i know it might be a lot of work)

The best way to learn is to try it for yourself . First things first is to get yourself a engine overhaul book . I replaced the piston rings , crank bearings , conrod bearings , cam bearings ,valve stem seals , rear main seal , and all the gaskets . You will also need a torque wrench to do up the bolts correctly . If you follow the book i think it is possible for you to do it . also have someone that is mechanically minded to help you if you get stuck . hope this has helped .

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
The best way to learn is to try it for yourself . First things first is to get yourself a engine overhaul book . I replaced the piston rings , crank bearings , conrod bearings , cam bearings ,valve stem seals , rear main seal , and all the gaskets . You will also need a torque wrench to do up the bolts correctly . If you follow the book i think it is possible for you to do it . also have someone that is mechanically minded to help you if you get stuck . hope this has helped .

Thanks for that, highly appreciated :thumbsup:

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
sounds like its still coming along nicley good work mate