Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Future Classic?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I've come across a series1 Landrover for $900 I might go look at.
Not sure how much time/money it will cost me to convert into $30k desirable vehicle. But surely not a quarter of that.
If you come across the commodore equivalent you will be laughing.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Even if you weren't a Commodore fan, it's hard to be kind about the AU. There was hardly a single feature about its appearance that didn't look wrong.

Disagree on that one. I prefer the look of the AU over the later BA. The XR models and Fairmont Ghia's in particular + they handled very well for the size of car. The base model Forte's and Futura's looked terrible at the front + the beer gut dash hit a little too close to home but the upper levels I quite enjoyed driving.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Disagree on that one. I prefer the look of the AU over the later BA. The XR models and Fairmont Ghia's in particular + they handled very well for the size of car. The base model Forte's and Futura's looked terrible at the front + the beer gut dash hit a little too close to home but the upper levels I quite enjoyed driving.

Well, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
RE: AU Falcon

I am generally an off beat type of guy and in getting my next special interest vehicle I’d consider a nice clean original AU, especially the Forte (though I am actually considering an older EA-ED)

Why? If I’m going to an all ford day, why be the 31st person there with an XA GT replica? It’s kitschy, retro and of its time.