Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Future Holden Product.

J

Jaime S.

Does anybody have ideas for future Holdens?

I heard that they might re-badge Daewoos.

FORSHITSAKE GOD!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
My boss at work test drived one of those new turbo Astra's and he said that it has some balls, can't remember if it was a convertible though... it doesn't look tough though!!

How about holden come out with something that can add onto the VS commodore so it has decent cup holders, the ones l have now don't hold ANYTHING!!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
what i wouldnt mind seeing holden bring out or re-make is the old gemini, bring back the gemini, sandman panelvan, and the torana (toad runner) keep the old body shape, they looked tough, or even bring out a monaro in the old body shape, that was a sexy looking car, tough to boot. but all car's should have the following, a new version of the gen3, irs, srs airbag's, passanger, side and driver's, only come out in a 5 sp manual, nice set of gear's at the rear, body kit options, 3 or 4 choices each car, good kenwood 500w (rms) cd player, 10 stacker, 1000w rms amp, spliter, sub, tweeter's the whole thing, 11 inch dvd screen, tinted windows, electric everything, (love those electric seats) and ofcourse, bloody cup holders. i know if they brought out a torana with all those in it, i personaly would be one of the first people to buy one, no doubt there

any further ideas on what should be put in the car? ad your reply bellow, or even edit and add onto mine, below this line

G

Griggsy

Nah guys, just give me a new SSX VZ? (VY) 4WD GEN3. **** hot stuff. Ya gotta love the hatch back.

T

thespiceweasel

I'll have to agree with Griggsy, that SSX is one SSSXY car.

Sorry about the lame joke. It is a nice looking ve-hi-cle though.

J

Jaime S.

Hey Garth, the Holdens from the swingin' seventies were cool looking cars but their styling is thirty years old now and nobody would buy a common car that's thirty years old. Sure, it DID work for Volkswagen with the Beetle, Morris/Leyland/Rover/Mini with the Mini, Morgan with their classic shape, Caterham with the 7, but it wouldn't work with a family-priced car.

Cheers,
Jaime S.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I am hoping I haven't heard/read correctly. The VZ is meant to be similar looking Cadilac something actually somewhat similar to the Vectra in many ways. If people thought the VY was bad I would hate to hear an impression if something like that were to happen.

I certainly hope they don't head down in that path rather than focus on the VY after all everyone I know has tended to take a real fond liking to it now.

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I'd like to see the twin cab ute jacked up with 4WD, performance exhaust, V8, 5 speed, roll bar, chunky tyres etc (for the country market especially). Does anyone else think rebadging the Monaro for the US is lame ? Was'nt it designed for australian roads and conditions ? Or are the US ones really that different..American muscle cars shipped over here never lost their names as far as I know.