Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Future Project, let me know what you think :D

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Wow, there are some very angry people on this forum. As for your idea, if you're serious about a long term project and
are prepared to persevere with the ecotec idea, think simple. Don't worry about all the bolt ons, bare bones should be
strengthen internals, increased cubes, forced induction(go for twin turbos if you are serious) and a very good tune, without
the very best of tunes your 6 would be destroyed by the most average of performance cars.

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
yeaah fair enoughh, i WAS serious but now im weighing up my options hey, spend the money on like a ls3 or something will i be getting the same performance out of the 8 insted of doing up the 6 ?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Rockers : 1.98:1 ultra high ratio roller rockers
Throttle Body: 70mm Bored/Polished
Cam : Stage 1 COMP Cam
Forced Induction : Rapter Supercharger Kit
Heads: MACE Aluminium heads
Stroker Kit : MACE Stroker Kit 2
Memcal : Tuned Memcal from MACE

let me know what ya think (alotta moneey in it but im already putting money aside for it :D)

High ratio rockers arent needed with a good cam but roller rockers wont hurt.
Throttle body is neither here or there, the factory TB can handle a fair amount of Kw.
Stage 1 comp cam would harldy be worth putting in for the time and effort.
MACE heads Im not too sure about but they have tons of room for porting, probably a waste of money unless you get them ported then thats going to cost a lot extra.
Stroker kit is a good start, I wish I had one but I probably never will due to the cost and installation costs on top of that.
If you are running a supercharger I doubt a MACE memcal will be very good for it, you would be 100% better off getting it dyno tuned.

Don't get me wrong, Im a fan of the V6 too but they are very costly to turn in to high performance motors.

If you were to start with a cam and stroker kit then get a dyno tune you are already looking at 8-9k.

Realistically an exhaust, extractors, high ratio rockers and a Mace memcal would be plenty enough for a young bloke to enjoy. If you want more get a shift kit for the auto and play with the diff gears.

Unless you have money to burn I would just keep the 6 and do a few bolt ons.

If you have a ton of money l67 heads/manifold/SC, would be a good starting point if you are going to be stroking it.

Some threads you might want to check out

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-vu-wh-v2/81370-tarks-tuff-6-vt-calais-stroked-blown.html

V6POWER VT v6 turbo - ET Street legal and Drag Racing Forums

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
save all your money on them mods and just turbo a stock v6 we are going into the 10's on the 1/4 on a totally stock 200000km+ engine with cam only before we even think about any mods to it

JakeysVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT Clubsport R8
ok cool thanks for all the advice guys, might do what you sed 2DIE sounds good to me i was just listing things that i was looking at and trying to get an opinion, but yeaah sounds good thanks agen

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Blah... blah..... blah.... coz V6's can rev higher and
when tuned right they will piss all over a V8 :p

let me know what ya think (alotta moneey in it but im already putting money aside for it :D)

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahhahhahhahahahhahahhahahhahhahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahha.

School holidays are so much fun..... I needed a good laugh and this just made my day. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
alot of vn v6s are used in salt races....
they rev faster and harder than their equivelant age v8's
but if equal spent on an eight it would be pretty bloddy mean

love it how everyone picks on the 6 runners on this site...