Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FYI- Spinners are legal in TAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpiez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Meant to be addressed to Ari 666
(internet is playing up today and while waiting for it come back online and having to redo the post I stuffed up dit the wrong button)

The first type are exactly what I was talking about in the original thread a couple of weeks ago (I included a link)

As I advised in later post in that thread everyone I contacted (including the Transport cops) were unsure of the legality (probaly because of the two types and I had to give them with the link too)

Personally I suspected they were entirely legal but wanted it in writing (Which I can legally rely on) they therefore spent some considerable time making sure they had duly considered all provisions and precedents, dotted the i's and crossed the t's.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
Meant to be addressed to Ari 666
(internet is playing up today and while waiting for it come back online and having to redo the post I stuffed up dit the wrong button)

The first type are exactly what I was talking about in the original thread a couple of weeks ago (I included a link)

As I advised in later post in that thread everyone I contacted (including the Transport cops) were unsure of the legality (probaly because of the two types and I had to give them with the link too)

Personally I suspected they were entirely legal but wanted it in writing (Which I can legally rely on) they therefore spent some considerable time making sure they had duly considered all provisions and precedents, dotted the i's and crossed the t's.

The first type, as you refer to them, are called "Knock-offs" in Australia, not "Spinners", which is what we call the second type. If your original thread had called them knock-offs, then none of this giant whinge-fest would have even happened...

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
The first type, as you refer to them, are called "Knock-offs" in Australia, not "Spinners", which is what we call the second type. If your original thread had called them knock-offs, then none of this giant whinge-fest would have even happened...

Some people are just asshats though :)

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I wonder if we can get that in writing from the Tasmanian police? :D

lol if I ever get around to getting into the vic police I"ll send him some official docs stating as much.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A lot of ADR's contradict others though. I think the people drawing them up get lost in their own wording.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

Why? They would look bloody **** on ANY VE.

(Please don't take offense to me exercising my right to my opinion on a privately owned public forum)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
no, i import cars, so all ADR's need to be met on everything i bring in. DOTARS test me once every 2 years.

to OP, i wasnt involved with the other thread. glad to see you got your asnwer.

:clapping: Very diplomatic of you ari.

Status
Not open for further replies.