Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gabriel struts inserts

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well im looking for struts inserts and after shoping around i have been told ruff price is 240 a pair.
i came across the brand Gabriel. Gas ryder was the model i was looking at and they seemed fair good, has some VST system or some crap to make it respond quicker to road changes and allow it to be firm when needed and smooth when crusieing
they want 69 bucks each so its a lot cheaper then the other brands, and only 45 for rears. these were the shorten struts and shockers,

so my question is has anyone got them or used them? what they feel like? worth it or not(compaired to eg monroe etc)? and dose anyone have any more specific info on them as all i can find is stuff from usa but its warrenty could be diffrent.

and one more in the book with the part numbers, it said lowerd suspension, with FE2, brock ex police in brakets had a certian number, then stock highed had with diffrent part numbers,
i thought front didnt matter it hight was only the rears would need shorter shocks,

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well i just got them,
130 bucks with 10% discount at sprint auto parts, got to love southgate holdens next door
just got to get some more dosh up before the weekend then have it fitted (springs, struts and adjustable strut tops) all by saturday morning when i get my 18s fitted:w00t:

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
gabriels aren't as good as monroe, from what im told they don't last anywhere near as long. but yeh ive got kyb's atm and id use them again, great shock