Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Game Of Thrones Season 5

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

Last edited by a moderator:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
saw this this morning, looks great :)

WD next week too - so much win.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
is walking dead back on next week? **** yeh!

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Lets not stick to the book at all !

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Lets not stick to the book at all !

*POST CONTAINS VERY MINOR PLOT DETAILS THAT HAVE PROBABLYT BEEN CUT FROM THE SHOW

I know right.

As soon as Varys said "her" I flipped a table and made a book called "Wheres Griff?" Might put his picture on some milk cartons.

Jamie in Dorne? Wut.

No Stannis in the trailer? Wut (although I swear I saw Hardholme)

No Kingsmoot. Jorah not going to be an explorer? Did we skip his entire storyline? I guess without Young Griff he has no story line.

I am excited to see the Sand Snakes. I wonder if we will get Darkstar this season. I havent seen any casting news, but with Dorne coming into the fold that could be interesting with Oberyn and Drogo gone there needs to be some...female candy. Interesting to see they moved the wedding up very quickly. I know we see Cerseis scene this season. Do we get to see Ser Robert Strong? Does that mean the Faith Militant is back this Season? Are they going to skip that? This season seems sooo out of whack time line wise.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
People really need to get over the fact that TV show will never align with the books exactly and realise this is a TV show, not a broadcast picture book. They share a title and characters and are set in the same world but the details of book and TV never have to align.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
People really need to get over the fact that TV show will never align with the books exactly and realise this is a TV show, not a broadcast picture book. They share a title and characters and are set in the same world but the details of book and TV never have to align.

Also old Georgie said that the show will get ahead of the books soon, yay to no more book nerds trying to spoiler the show for us, jerks.

George R.R. Martin won't release a new 'Game of Thrones' book this year, publisher says | EW.com

The last book in Martin’s ASOIAF saga, A Dance with Dragons, was published in 2011 and fans have been extremely eager to read the next book – especially since HBO’s series version Game of Thrones is expected to catch up to most of the Dragons’ storylines in the upcoming fifth season (the trailer for which just leaked online today). Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss, who have been told Martin’s long-term narrative plan, have said they want to do two more seasons (and only two) of the show, which still means a couple years of largely paving into virgin story territory and possibly shooting the conclusion to Martin’s saga long before the author’s book-reading fans have any idea how the epic fantasy tale will end.

My take: Thrones is a rare instance in pop culture where a story’s books and filmed version are equally exceptional. The first five seasons were largely “spoiled” by the books. That Martin’s remaining stories will be potentially “spoiled” by the show is a seismic reversal in how book-readers experience the story – just not necessarily a bad one. I’m looking forward to eventually watching the show having no idea what will happen next. And ultimately, if Martin’s books will be of higher quality if he takes more time to write them, okay, take more time.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Oh in that case may as well replace dragons with automobiles. Cause they dont have to be the same.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Oh in that case may as well replace dragons with automobiles. Cause they dont have to be the same.

Absolutely. Show producers/writers can (and have/will) do whatever they like.