Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Glad to see this thread died naturally in the ass. :(

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

Progress takes time! Redoing my front and nature strip soon (before winter sets in).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I wouldn't have called a couple of weeks between posts dying in the ass.

Anyway, I had a bit of a fiddle with the retic again on the weekend.

For a bit of background, when we bought the place last year none of the stations were wired into the controller. All wires just hanging loose in the compartment.

I connected them all but no action.

Turning the valves on manually eventually led us to discovering three stations out of five that were pumping water out of either breaks in pipes or holes in the ground where risers or spray heads once had been.

Got those all sorted with some cutting and shutting (compression couplings are awesome for fixing cuts in hard pipe) and by coincidence found that the wiring for all the valves had been cut underground hence no action via the controller so for the last few months I have been turning each station on manually at the valve.

This brings us to last weekend when I decided that manually operating the system sucked big hairy ones so I have rewired the three operating stations and now have auto action.

The wiring is running above ground at the moment until I can trace the issues with the two remaining stations that aren't working after which I will trench and run the wiring through electrical conduit to prevent any cuts in the future. When I turn these valves on manually I can hear the initial rush of water passing through and feel the water running through the pipe yet no obvious spray from anywhere. Tells me the valve is OK but there is no doubt more cut pipes underground so it will now be a matter of tracing the pipes with lots of digging to find the weak point(s).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Pics of retic coz each page needs pics.

Five stations and a master.....so glad that they were all together rather than being scattered around the place.

DSCN6363_zpsodnbskni.jpg

Different colour for each station plus 2x black for common and master

DSCN6364_zps9bst6dxz.jpg

Obvious pic is obvious

DSCN6365_zpsaf8wjc9u.jpg

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

Progress has been slow at my place due to rain and being back at work. Hopefully should get some concreting done this weekend (it's all boxed and prepped, just need to mix and lay) and the garden shed moved next weekend and get the shade sail up.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
As this thread is intended to deal with landscaping and gardening efforts of our members, I am wondering if there is demand for a separate thread on house renovations and restoration? I've been renovating an approximately 90 year old timber home for the past four years and have kept a comprehensive photo record of work done but won't bother starting a thread if there's no point.

Comments?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As this thread is intended to deal with landscaping and gardening efforts of our members, I am wondering if there is demand for a separate thread on house renovations and restoration? I've been renovating an approximately 90 year old timber home for the past four years and have kept a comprehensive photo record of work done but won't bother starting a thread if there's no point.

Comments?

I'd like to see such a thread. We seem to have a good array of trades on this forum who can help out with some good advice.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Comments?

There is this one started late last year - http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/249385-inside-renos.html

I'd be keen to see your renos Calaber.

I've been meaning to throw some in there of what we have done to our 80 build in the last few months.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
@ VS 5.0
Pitto. Screen Master.
Grow like poo in WA.
Good at dropping dead for no good reason.
So many far better options around that out perform Pittosporums and Lily Pillys.