Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Thanks Batca! Sounds like a good product and worthy of the spend. :D

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good job with the lawn looks great. One thing I would recommend, if you look at putting some ground covers or small plants be wary if you spray the grass with round up nearby. I did heaps of research on this as we have a low maintenance coastal native garden at our place. The lawn however was very invasive of the garden beds.

There is a selective herbicide product called Fusilade that targets grasses and won't harm your other broadleaf plants like round up will. I've sprayed it all round the garden beds over my ground covers such as Kalbarri and coral carpet with no problems and it controls the invading grass for 6-12 months.

It's not cheap at about $90-100 for a litre but only requires around 20-40ml mix to 10 litres and is available from ag stores

Just a suggestion in case the mowing and edging gets away from you for a while and the grass runs amok.

Batca, what type of lawn are you using it on ?

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Batca, what type of lawn are you using it on ?

Our place has a mixture of buffalo, couch and kikuyu as it's an old house on a big block so everyone has had a go with different grass. I plan to subdivide one day so just keep what's there green for our young guy and the dog to play the on. It works on all grasses mate, farmers use it on crops , veggies and stuff so it's safe with most plants.

Try this link and have a read

http://www.herbiguide.com.au/Labels/FLU128_58521-0806.PDF

You're in Perth by looks? I got it from The Farm Shop in Midland if you want to look for it.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
Thanks Batca! Sounds like a good product and worthy of the spend. :D

I like it because it pretty much won't harm anything else but grass and sometimes you cbf mowing. Mix it in your sprayer and away you go. Also the grass stays away for an extended period. I Think you just have to be cautious with plants like lomandras etc that are a "grass" so be mindful of that when you planting.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Well yesterday we ended up with our new outdoor sitting area and outdoor eating area sorted. Thought we'd get something for the deck alfresco in a couple of weeks so it was sort spontaneous! I thought I'd start looking around for something on Gumtree and found this! 10 minutes up the road from us. Got the lot for $700 and the guy delivered it to our place for us.

So I rushed home from work, got the karcher out and pressure washed the ceiling, walls, deck and outdoor dining furniture, moved the dining furniture to the new concrete slab dog yard / BBQ area and boom! DONE! Well, need to source and mount a TV on that blank wall of course but bring on the Sunday Sessions this summer... :D Was thinking I might put a few strings of festoon lights up across the grass from the house to the trees. Maybe - they're not cheap!

And definitely going to put two or three potted plants on the timber deck...

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
SOB. This thread is so inspiring..

Was living with my brother for best part of 5 years), he since moved out and I've been on my own for maybe 6 months - very slowly with limited funds being put towards it, im cleaning up the backyard and getting it nice. It's only a rental house, so hence the limited funds, but being a smoker, and the warmer weather coming into play, im working on cleaning up the outside area.. It's certainly not much by no means, but somewhere to eat your bacon and egg breakfast, or somewhere to sit outside and have a beer. I'll throw some photos up soon!

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
damn it raj, I hate you

Those wicker chairs are sick - I want them
That glass table - is better than my dinner table lol
That new grass is so green - looks amazing
That decking is mint - I want it, but my outdoor area/deck would have to be 1.5m high to match the back of my house
You have a bloody fan outside - pimp as fk

Fk you, I'm never setting foot out into my backyard now, it looks so ****.

fk you, I'm so jealous - I'm out.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
but somewhere to eat your bacon and egg breakfast, or somewhere to sit outside and have a beer. I'll throw some photos up soon!

That's EXACTLY it for us! We want to enjoy summer... hence this setup. We've done the fireplace sitting room for winter so this becomes the flip side. :)

To anyone I just say GO FOR IT! There's so much more to enjoying life that smart phones and TV.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
To anyone I just say GO FOR IT! There's so much more to enjoying life that smart phones and TV.

This.

I find getting out and doing stuff in the garden therapeutic. A bit of hard work and then sitting back with a coldy and enjoying it at the end of the day is always a good thing.

And unlike cars where if you fcuk something up it can be very costly, if you over trim a bush or cut the lawn too short, it is just the same as a bad haircut. Give it time and a bit of love and it will grow back just fine.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
yip that's the goods alright.. love wicka furniture ....

im doing the other side of my back now (out the back door onto deck - about 1m off the ground - left is my water feature, right is my spa pool room).. decided to box in beside the spa room and put in a Punga tree.. other side of the spa is a dwarf umbrella tree in the same height boxed area as the punga... Paved 10x10 so can play beer checkers lol..

Word of advice for those who want to do paving.. don't it f'n sucks haha.. but if you do, use dry sand to go between the gaps.. I have been brushing wet sand in there for a week now haha..

**** photo but you get the idea...
21.jpg