Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Good job with the lawn looks great. One thing I would recommend, if you look at putting some ground covers or small plants be wary if you spray the grass with round up nearby. I did heaps of research on this as we have a low maintenance coastal native garden at our place. The lawn however was very invasive of the garden beds.

There is a selective herbicide product called Fusilade that targets grasses and won't harm your other broadleaf plants like round up will. I've sprayed it all round the garden beds over my ground covers such as Kalbarri and coral carpet with no problems and it controls the invading grass for 6-12 months.

It's not cheap at about $90-100 for a litre but only requires around 20-40ml mix to 10 litres and is available from ag stores

Just a suggestion in case the mowing and edging gets away from you for a while and the grass runs amok.

Round up, another chemical that should not be in this country....
Whats with chemicals and people these days...

On another note, looks great mate, just add a tv and wall mounted sound bar = happy days...

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I was actually going to post up snaps of my little outside area, then I realised how actually **** is looks compared to Raj's.

I may refrain lol.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So the grass is finally rooting down. Can't just pull it up any more. Keeing it wet/moist hasn't been as difficult as I thought it might have been and I even swapped to hand watering with the hose rather than a sprinkler. It's strangely enjoyable. But once the sun comes out I swear I can see the grass growing before my eyes! LOL!

Picked up a couple of yuccas from Bunnings yesterday. Potted them in some black pots we had in the shed, after I cleaned up the pots. They're just to so the deck doesn't look so "clinical" with just the wicker furniture. We decided after I was done we need a third one, for the back corner of the deck, next to the gate to the back and other side of the house. Oh, and to put white pebbles in the tops of the pots. The to-do list will never be empty! Hahaha!

IMG_3710.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3713.jpg

Oh and swapped one of the single chairs with the ottoman - looks better and is more functional this way I think. We really now have a summer outside "room" to enjoy. Sitting out the for breakfast and a relaxing cuppa both mornings was a great way to start the days of the weekend.

IMG_3715.jpg

I was actually going to post up snaps of my little outside area, then I realised how actually **** is looks compared to Raj's.

I may refrain lol.

Nah man! Post it up! This is a thread for ideas and sharing any and all things gardening and landscaping related... :D Tips, tricks and ideas, etc.

The next "big" garden chore on my list is, as you can probably see, trimming all the same sort of trees down the back and other side of the house. I might take some before and after shots for that... There's more of them than in the "backyard" area too so I've been procrastinating. lol

My thumbs are greener than they've ever been in my life. People used to tell me getting out into your garden was enjoyable. I should have listened sooner. I think the problem I had is I thought everything needed to be done at once. It doesn't. Hell, do what you have time and money for... It's not like it's going anywhere. :D

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

I may refrain lol.

Post away ! Imagine if everyone felt the same with their rides.....oh Jimmy's ride is awesome and better than mine so not posting mine. This site would be pretty crap.

Raj, got drip trays under your pots ?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I think the problem I had is I thought everything needed to be done at once. It doesn't. Hell, do what you have time and money for... It's not like it's going anywhere. :D

Yeah, unlike a car, you can still use your garden if it is missing parts lol.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Post away ! Imagine if everyone felt the same with their rides.....oh Jimmy's ride is awesome and better than mine so not posting mine. This site would be pretty crap.

Yeah, unlike a car, you can still use your garden if it is missing parts lol.

^ lel/10.

I'm at work today, and won't get home till late.. so, I'll post tomorrow possibly.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You might want to get some drip trays under the pots. Otherwise you will end up with lovely gunk and staining on your nice deck.

You won't see it with the pots in place but if/when you decide to relocate them you will be left with an eye sore. No deck deserves that.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
True... Will check out my options when I pick up the third pot tonight. I guess I'll need something that can sit under the pot's legs and still look nice.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6