Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Yeah Id put 4x4 H3 treated posts in behind the concrete wall, 180mm below the top of the bricks, then put a 180x25 long ways on top running parallel with the wall, this will leave the back half of the posts exposed so you can run your joists off them..

Since you don't have to back full to much have you looked into the support pads to hold joists?? sort of like the Nurajacks.. I think mitre 10 (and maybe Bunnings) do something similar.. if it was me id put a paver under each one to help expand the weight.

Nurajacks - Deck Jack | Nurajack Self Leveling Floating Deck Supports | NZ

1806733_orig.jpeg

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Banned on union/commercial job sites

Just as well this thread has nothing to do with unions or commercial job sites then. :D

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Union jobs should be banned, full stop. I had the displeasure of working on one for a few months and the site rep was a thuggish douche bad fk wit. He told me and another guy (singling us out in front of about 30 other blokes) that because of people like us (sub contractors) the wages boys were losing money and we were taking it out of their pockets. I never had an opinion either way on unions before then, but that one act made my mind up.

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
While we're off-topic...my team and I were once told by a union rep (in front of several hundred other union members) that we were paid enough so had nothing to complain about. I was earning $47K at the time (mid-1990s). So we left the union. Now I earn 50% more than an equivalent union member, with better benefits. Oh well.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Back on the subject lol.

I had a builder mate organised to clear out the ratty arsed stones up the side of the house where I'm going to concrete but turns out his bucket is too big and will rip up the edging. I have a back up plan or 3 and the final option is clear and level it by hand. Hopefully everything is still on track to get the concrete done before Christmas but the next 4 weekends are busy as hell for me.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Lawn progress, 2 days shy of 3 weeks since I laid it...

From this:
IMG_3669.jpg

To this:
IMG_3777.jpg

Safe to say I'm pretty happy! :D

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
FWIW it's worth... we apparently need a bigger table. That table I showed earlier is now for sale lol.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
LOL! WTF!!! How will anyone without a MR tuck even move it?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
That's growing nicely raj...