Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gardening / Landscaping

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
A bit over two months after I laid it and I have to say I'm very VERY happy with how our lawn is looking... :D :D :D

20161207_180434.jpg

20161207_180456.jpg

20161207_180519.jpg

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Afternoon ladies and gents.

Want to get some ideas and opinions. I'm in a rental house, but im sure the idea I have will have zero problems being passed by the land lord.

I want to ultimately have a fluro light tube fixed to the porch, piggy backed/wired in with the original light fitting. (see picture attached). Firstly, I have no issues in fitting the light myself, I would imagine its all just screws into the timber. Secondly, with wiring - i'm guessing this is a sparky's job to do. I have added a second image to show what the area is actually for. It's my little 'beer garden' and hte lighting at the moment is very below poor.

backyard.png

backyard1.png

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sparkies job and you should also probably get the landlords permission.

Are there any outdoor power points there ? Alternative could be spotties running of an extension cord. Easy to take with you when you leave and no sparky or landlord's permission required.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You'd get a lot more light in if that filthy roof could be pressure cleaned. If you're prepared to instal the light at your expense, when seeking approval from the landlord, ask if that can be done by him. I imagine it would be his responsibility under your lease agreement to at least maintain the house in a reasonable and clean condition.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Other options would be to remove the light shade and simply have the exposed globe running. This will give you more light instantly. If needed put a brighter globe in there as well (while leaving the shade removed) or buy a light with a bayonet fitting (assuming the existing fitting is a bayonet) and length of cord that you can then affix somewhere more appropriate.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Didnt know if this was the right area to post - Its no mansion with on acres, but this its my little slice of heaven

I honestly had no idea what to look for in a home, I told my parents I wanted a home similar to my mates old home (old Victorian style I think its called) and they were honestly the 2 people that made it happen. Without their support I would have been lost.

Future plans: my main goal is to build a pitched pergola from the back of the garage (knock down the old 'thing') and have it end where the old one ends. I think the pitched roof will give it the illusion its a bigger area than a flat roof (hoping anyway) lay some new carpet, paint the walls, and grass out the back.

(NOTE: pictures are from the real estate ad - not my furniture)

image2.jpg

image9.jpg

floorplan1.jpg

The story:

The house was Advertised for $349-$369k. My mum went and looked at it then called me saying it was the one, so we organised an inspection and I instantly fell in love with it too. My dad stepped in after this point (hes got alot of properties under his belt so he knew what was best) long story short, the sellers agree'd to $330k (yep)

everything was going smooth as hell, my loan was going through commonwealth bank, I had signed all the papers - at this point I had put down a 30k deposit on the home. Then the nightmare began...

I received a phone call from the bank manager I was dealing with saying theirs been a problem (even tho i was assured a million times everything is set in stone) Commonwealth bank has been my bank since I was a little kid (and only them) they had access to ALL my records. The issue he said was lack of sufficient savings. at the time - I had 20k that was in my goalsaver account, and he kept hounding me saying who gave you the money, was it a gift etc etc I kept saying what? Its money ive saved? not entirely sure what the problem was.. he ended the phone call by saying sorry, we are unable to support your loan.

now i purchased my house in January, we have to rewind to November the year before. that 20k was in a term deposit that had matured, I went in to the bank to discuss what months were paying high interests, she told me that no term deposits were paying well and opt to put in a goal saver. gave her the ok and went on with my day. what I didnt know, was instead of transferring the money across - she *pulled it out* and then deposited into the goal saver. believe it or not this some how wiped all proof of this money i had saved from many years. Even the evidence of monthly deposits into this account were not sufficient as the proof of this account had magically disappeared.

I began stressing, parents assured me it would work out. So they called and we had a meeting with the real estates broker. she was absolutely AWESOME! I was already saving 8k dealing with NAB over commonwealth. But the problem of this insufficient proof of savings got brought up with this 20k also. I went back to my local commo bank and this poor branch manager spent 30 mins trying to get me something that was proof. in the end she got me (I want you to picture this) a blank sheet of paper, commo bank logo, a small print that said my name, a date (3 months earlier) and a figure. thats it! lol

and with that.. it sealed the fate of that house, I got the keys and i was a damn happy boy!

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Congrats to Jecs on joining the rest of us as slaves to the bank. The Mrs and I bought some dirt a few weeks back too :)

y3m89SEKA_uVqH05LtB-TPEC8pzhF91yPKbYD-VyOiy6ttn71GysaNBT0oTvUoFLblG3zfoHoBXUVD3hw52N7cK8xJ3aqHwbx6VzdQ0RiFC0Mhaepvr1N_o_-NRzkk3uizYF7Vcq3jr8ZeVuH-RIVFiGTiuk2NnyPlHhagsb639wYg

Last edited:

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The question is where will Shyya live ?