Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas On Alloytec 190

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
My father owns a 05 WL CAPRICE and bc the vehicle runz all day, he is thinking about installing a GAS system in it. What do use recommend shud he or shudnt he also will the Alloytec 190 stuff up?

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
Alloytec 190 doens't do gas, plain and simple, it can't be done.

The 175 does however, it requires a complete different setup, from what I've heard there's another complete set of gas injectors + a completely new manifold fitted.

Also when posting, please try to use english, having to read the thing 4 times before responding kind of sucks.

Hibba

Fixing Your **** 24/7
Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Cressida 2.5TWINturbo
Currently the 175 is the only Alloytech avaible from factory with LPG, and its quite a unique setup at that to.

As far as we know there isnt a plan to release a 190 on gas.

As far as if it could be done aftermarket? In all seriousness i couldn't tell you and i dont think anyone else could. I don't even think its been atempted, but i guess it could be done. Hell people said you couldn't do a Gen3 on gas, yet i have seen it done.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Give it time, LPG demand is increasing so much at the moment because of petrol prices going up. When there are more Alloytecs on the market out of warranty I think you will see a few people trying to attempt it.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
it has been done & it has also voided the customers engine warranty, the engine needs to be factory fitted with lpg & all the associated mods, if this is not done the cylinder heads WILL fail, no ifs, no buts.
The conversion i saw was a POS & didnt start properly, idled like a hat full of busted ones.
Cheers Rob

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
Thankz alot guys cheerz

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Hi Guys,

Been meaning to dig this old thread up for a while.

Does anyone have any updates on gas converstions for VZ's??

Petrol prices are sky-rocketing and I struggle to believe that Holden still hasn't released a conversion kit for the 172/175 and 190kw engines.

As far as I know nobody is doing the conversions here in WA.

Anymore new info muchly appreciated.

cheers

Tom/WA

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
As far as Im aware anything with a plastic intake manifold cant run on gas ie Gen3s alloytechs etc

JanetSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ignition
BLACKVZSV8 said:
As far as Im aware anything with a plastic intake manifold cant run on gas ie Gen3s alloytechs etc

the intake manifolds on the gen3 and the alloytecs are made from alluminum, or are u meaning the intake pipe? if you are then it is possible because the gas just flows through the intake pipe and into the engine.

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
The manifolds are composite plastic.

Basically you cant run them on gas because the manifold cant cope if the engine backfires (which can happen on gas).

To run them on gas you need to change the manifold.

Last edited: